Alberta
If the DRY line won't be played and
The current line combos are not working. It's time to try "pairs"
Playing with familiarity.

Neal - Mcdavid - puljujarvi
Kahun - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Turris - Nugent Hopkins - Kassian
Nygard - Haas/shore - archibald

Draisaitl's line does spark offence and does produce offensive pressure. Leave it for now.
Mcdavid will produce no matter what and he has played with Neal before and obviously puljujarvi is decent with mcdaddy.
Nugent Hopkins and Kassian played together on mcdavids wings. Turris sucks and he may work better as a winger.
The 4th line is eh but hopefully Haas returns soon.

Opinions ?

Reactions: Canovin

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The current coach is too stubborn or obtuse to try something like the above. Try again later

Reactions: Aerchon

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Biggest issue with the team right now is they don't have a line that can keep it's head above water in tougher minutes.

You've got 2 Art Ross winning centres, so they're naturally going to get heavy O-zone starts. You need someone that can survive being tossed in the deep end.

Turris isn't the answer, and RNH has historically struggled in the role too (so I wouldn't look to him).

The Sheahan/Archi duo let them have that line usage last year, plus the Neal-Khaira-Chiasson line kept their heads above water down the stretch and in the play-ins.

We know McLeod has NHL size and speed, and has some pedigree with being strong defensively & at faceoffs in lower levels. Sounds like a fit.

Unfortunately much like last year, I fear Tippett is going to dick around, and avoid playing a rookie/youngster, even if they are an upgrade.

He needs to go back to some combos that worked last year, namely DRY and the Neal lines; and get some new blood in the lineup for the other roles.

RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Turris-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Neal-Khaira-Chiasson
Kassian-McLeod-Archibald

Nurse-Bear
Barrie-Larsson
Koekkoek-Bouchard

Haas is another guy who should get a shot, as he's also solid defensively. Though let's see if he can come back healthy first. (If he can move Kassian into Chiasson spot, and shift McLeod to LW)

Neal-Khaira-Kassian
McLeod-Haas-Archibald

** I know I'll get some hate for having Khaira back in, but he is the best fit with Neal and Kass/Chiasson. Plus he's looked fine in soft minute roles, it's when you start tossing him shutdown roles at evens that he gets horribly exposed.

Last edited:

Proko88

May 6, 2010
I would honestly try this:
Neal McD pul
Kahun Drai yam
Turris RNH kass
Chiason. Arch
Nurse bear
4k Barrie
Jones larsson
Bouchard
Just until Bouchard is up to nhl speed

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
RNH-McDavid-Yamamoto
Neal-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Kahun-Turris-Kassian
Nygard-Shore-Archibald

Top line relies on speed and skill. Yamamoto and Nuge have chemistry and that should help Connor IMO.

"2nd line" = a line of big bodies that can all win board battles and get to the paint. Basically a Clydesdale line that should be able to cycle like a mother and give smaller lines and defensemen absolute fits. Drai meshes with any and everyone.

3rd line = a mix of the meh. Hopefully as a whole they gel and become an effective line. Otherwise, at least the top 2 lines should do well.

4th line = don't get scored on mofo's.

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
Oilers are 3-9 since Tippett broke up the best line in hockey, the players are still here, why not give it a try? Kahun not getting it done with Drai at the moment anyways, I mean what do we have to lose, only Sens are worst.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
If the DRY line won't be played and
The current line combos are not working. It's time to try "pairs"
Playing with familiarity.

Neal - Mcdavid - puljujarvi
Kahun - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Turris - Nugent Hopkins - Kassian
Nygard - Haas/shore - archibald

Draisaitl's line does spark offence and does produce offensive pressure. Leave it for now.
Mcdavid will produce no matter what and he has played with Neal before and obviously puljujarvi is decent with mcdaddy.
Nugent Hopkins and Kassian played together on mcdavids wings. Turris sucks and he may work better as a winger.
The 4th line is eh but hopefully Haas returns soon.

Opinions ?

Kahun isn't working. At all. Very obvious and what little effectiveness that line has is the pairing.

That line does not drive play so much as have the appearance of the only consistent nhl caliber line we have period.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Kahun and Drai looked fine especially for a second line duo. They're just not producing. I'd move RNH to 3C and let him play soft minutes and take the defensive starts.

Turris is still fast. In fact, I think he's faster than RNH. Him with McDavid and Kassian/Pulju could work.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
To me, it's become clear. Not only are we wasting McDavid and Drai at evens, but the people on their lines are drowning. Enough with the f***ing Kahun/Drai experiment. We've lost Nuge as a result and are at risk of completely losing Yamo. We need both of them to step it up big time, especially Nuge. Put him back on the DRY line, and put Kahun with McDavid, if you must play him in a top 6 spot. McDavid does a lot of his work solo anyhow, so if it somehow works, great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad