Recalled/Assigned: Chad Billins

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Very exciting. Billins has earned some time. He could be a late blooming stud for us. Abbotsford is losing a key guy though

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm pissed off Butler got hurt, but only because we may not be able to trade him.

Hopefully Billins gets a look.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
I'm pissed off Butler got hurt, but only because we may not be able to trade him.

Hopefully Billins gets a look.

Apparently he was skating in the morning skate. Maybe it's late scratch to get the ball rolling. :naughty:

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Looking like Butler might play tonight. Hartley said Billins was called up just in case. I doubt we see any of him this callup, unfortunately.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Billins has been reassigned to Abbotsford

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=707253

Ok, this is getting weird. The Flames have made several recalls this year that led to no ice-time. I'm starting to wonder if this has something to do with the salary floor. I've heard of teams in the past that have sent players down to the farm system during days off in order to stay under the cap. If the Flames are planning on trading some players at the deadline, they might be below the cap floor, as an average salary at the end of the season. These pointless recalls could be a way to take on more salary.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Billins has been reassigned to Abbotsford

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=707253

Ok, this is getting weird. The Flames have made several recalls this year that led to no ice-time. I'm starting to wonder if this has something to do with the salary floor. I've heard of teams in the past that have sent players down to the farm system during days off in order to stay under the cap. If the Flames are planning on trading some players at the deadline, they might be below the cap floor, as an average salary at the end of the season. These pointless recalls could be a way to take on more salary.

No. It had with Butler being injured. Butler played last night so the call up became redundant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad