GDT: CGY vs LA @9ish depending on your timezone. Freddie Appreciation Night

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You know a GWG is a GWG regardless of when it was scored, right? It doesn't make it "fake"
Bennett had nothing to show for a really good game because, *gasp* he couldn't finish, like normal.

The way you shit on Monahan every chance you get and make constant excuses for Bennett is absolutely pathetic.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
2-0 this season when going to games and another good game too.

My thoughts:
-Brutal first period and terrible PP again

-Didn't matter who was playing D on the right side. All three of them got beat on the outside way too often by a King.

-Don't know who was on for the last minute of play but that was a weak ass backcheck by the right Dman leading to their goal

-Second period was probably the best period of hockey I've ever witnessed at the Dome. We absolutely slaughtered the Kings, but...

-I wasn't impressed with how we defended in the neutral zone. I thought we left the middle of the ice way to open and I counted three separate occassions where their center skipped right past one of our players almost leading to a 2-on-1

-And our finishing was absolutely brutal. We were very fortunate on three of the goals from what I saw (still haven't watched a replay on YT) but we eafned that luck so I'm not complaining. But GG should set aside a lot of time for shooting and breakaway drills tomorrow because this has been a reoccurring problem this season

-Great third period in my opinion. Reminded me a lot of what the Ducks do to us when they enter the third period with a lead. Suffocated the Kings completely.

-Gaudreau was buzzing. Strong game by him. Created a lot.

-Brodie was excellent defensively

-Bennett had a poor game

-Monahan whiffed on a lot of chances tonight. Unusual for him

-Tkachuk was feisty but quiet tonight offensively

-Mangiapane gives me Byron vibes

-Quick is a world-class goalie but he looked extremely nervous handling the puck and skating behind his net. Made a few errant passes tonight. Gave me a greater appreciation for what Mike Smith can do

-Also holy crap that save by the Kings player in the third. Gonna be seeing that on Sportscentre for a month

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
The atmosphere at the Dome is crazy when we play the Kings!
I really hope we get a LA-Calgary playoff series sometime soon, that'd be such a treat to watch due to the sheer hatred between the two!

Reactions: Cyrano

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Man, I had to leave after the first and I was really frustrated at that point, because I thought they'd played pretty well for most of the period but were down 2-0 on two really flukey goals. Expected the 2017-18 Flames to fold up the tent because of the bad breaks, but what an impressive performance that was the rest of the way.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Would like to see Brouwer and mangiapane swapped against the ducks, with Stajan in the press box so hrivik can play.
Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Bennett-jankowski- Hathaway
Tkachuk-backlund-mangiapane
Lazar/jagr-hrivik-brouwer

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
You know a GWG is a GWG regardless of when it was scored, right? It doesn't make it "fake"
Bennett had nothing to show for a really good game because, *gasp* he couldn't finish, like normal.

The way you **** on Monahan every chance you get and make constant excuses for Bennett is absolutely pathetic.
:laugh: "Fake" GWG, that's new.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
When/if he gets healthy he will be the second best forward on this team.

A shut down for a month to get some proper conditioning in would be for the best I think.

This is a joke right?

I was hoping he was retiring because GG seems to feel required to play him even though his play has warranted him sitting. I am not a pro athlete so maybe I have a different view on it than Jagr but I don't get how its worth it to keep getting hurt and trying to hobble through a season for a team you have no connection to and continually playing like crap all year long.

It seemed like the perfect time to say he gave it his best but at 44 his body just isn't able to handle it anymore.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Taking the summer off/not doing his usual summer routine was just too much to come back from at his age.

But I don't think he's finished. Maybe if he gets healthy, gets his conditioning back a bit, he can come back around the deadline and help with the stretch run.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
OKG was mad that winger goals was losing relevancy so he invented fake game winning goals.

Monahan has seven fake game-winners this season, that's tied with Brayden Point for the league lead! Talk about a floater...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad