Proposal: CGY-PIT

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Curious what it would take to get Bennett in a Pens uniform.

Cap wise it would have to be built around Bennett retained @ 50% (~1.275M) with Sceviour (~1.2M) going back as a dump.

So what would Calgary want from the Pens to make that happen?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

Cap wise it would have to be built around Bennett retained @ 50% (~1.275M) with Sceviour (~1.2M) going back as a dump.

Calgary's owners are against retention , so that kills the deal right then and there

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I honestly dont think Bennett has significant value. Obviously other teams agree or else he'd already be moved. If anything, i think he'll be part of a middling roster player swap.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
With how many injured players we have, I've got to think we have the cap space to make a move.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I honestly dont think Bennett has significant value. Obviously other teams agree or else he'd already be moved. If anything, i think he'll be part of a middling roster player swap.
We want a bottom 6 forward with some jam. He can be that for us.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Sceviour and a 2nd or 3rd probably gets Bennett tbh. I think retention would push it up to a 2nd and no retention would make it land at a 3rd.

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
No need for retention from what I'm seeing

Sceviour and a 2022 3rd get it done? Not sure he's worth a 2nd but I'd probably be fine with it if they could get a 4th back or something like that

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think Sceviour and a 2nd or 3rd probably gets Bennett tbh. I think retention would push it up to a 2nd and no retention would make it land at a 3rd.
50% retention for Bennett and a 2022 2nd/3rd (2nd on Penguins making the playoffs)

And please, for the love of everything that is holy, do NOT line him up with offensive-black-hole-Jankowski

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Bennett's contract expires this year. I'm sure the owners can stomach a few weeks of retention.

They wouldn't retain on Iggy, they wouldn't retain on Phaneuf, they wouldn't retain on Brouwer, they wouldn't retain on anyone, I'm sure Bennetts not some special case that they'd retain on, if they do retain on someone its going to be Gio to give him a chance at Lord Stanley, but I still don't see them doing it, up until they actually retain on a player for a trade, I'll be with them the whole way, they do not retain on players, they'd buy Bennett out before retaining

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
No need for retention from what I'm seeing

Sceviour and a 2022 3rd get it done? Not sure he's worth a 2nd but I'd probably be fine with it if they could get a 4th back or something like that

I could be wrong but with 250k-ish in cap space right now I think if the Pens wanted to keep everyone on the current roster intact besides Sceviour, they would need Calgary to eat half of his 2.55M deal.

Maybe I’m not including banked space from injuries but that’s my math. If Calgary doesn’t do retained salary as an organizational stance, even in such a short term case, I guess maybe you send Riikola as well?

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
I could be wrong but with 250k-ish in cap space right now I think if the Pens wanted to keep everyone on the current roster intact besides Sceviour, they would need Calgary to eat half of his 2.55M deal.

Maybe I’m not including banked space from injuries but that’s my math. If Calgary doesn’t do retained salary as an organizational stance, even in such a short term case, I guess maybe you send Riikola as well?

Not sure on the banked etc. but Capfriendly has them projected at 1.2 in deadline cap, added Sceviour's 1.2, and assumed they could find 100k with some taxi shuffling

Think you could even move Riikola to taxi before including him, contract is high enough I think he would probably clear waivers

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
He hasn't thrived as that in Calgary and unless you're planning on trying him at C, I can't see him changing.
That's fine with us. McCann can play C but we've always said he's better at W. McCann - Bennett - Tanev would be the third line.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
A stick of gum would work for me. Bennett is garbage. People will say it's because he hasn't gotten the right opportunities, but he's had his chances and just can't produce consistently with anyone. He's got a great motor and that's about it.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

Future considrations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad