Waived: [CGY] F Kevin Rooney waived by the Flames (cleared)

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Weird, he's been in AHL all season.

I'm not sure about the rules, but when he clears, does it mean that some other team could sent him to their AHL team without waivers? But I guess that it wouldn't matter, because no team is gonna claim him. And I doubt any team in interested anyways.

Nevermind, he's been injured and I guess that just means he cleared to play now and going to AHL.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I'm not sure about the rules, but when he clears, does it mean that some other team could sent him to their AHL team without waivers? But I guess that it wouldn't matter, because no team is gonna claim him. And I doubt any team in interested anyways

Hasn't he been on IR all year?

Reactions: Kahvi

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Blackhawks be like
IMG_7496.gif

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
After sending down Graeme Clarke, the Devils only have 12 forwards on the roster including Jack Hughes (probably out for a bit) and Ondrej Palat who's missed a couple games. Brendan Smith was playing LW but probably will get shifted back to D with Jonas Siegenthaler's injury.

Rooney was in the Devils system for a few years. Maybe wouldn't be the most shocking waiver claim if only for the need of a warm body 4th liner.

Reactions: BHD

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If someone wants to do Calgary a favour they can claim him lol.

Reactions: Fig

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta

I'm not sure about the rules, but when he clears, does it mean that some other team could sent him to their AHL team without waivers? But I guess that it wouldn't matter, because no team is gonna claim him. And I doubt any team in interested anyways.

Nevermind, he's been injured and I guess that just means he cleared to play now and going to AHL.
He has been injured all season and on the Flames LTIR roster. Now he needs to be activated and so he heads to the farm.

Whether he is recalled at some future point is debatable. Flames won't want to absorb his full contract of 1.3M unless there is a fire sale going on and they need a body.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I'm sure he's a nice guy and I wish him the best but that was just a dumb signing from day #1.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
So signing was fine but signing wasn't actually fine?

Some hated the fact we even signed Rooney. I'm saying signing Rooney was fine but would have rathered he had a salary that was lower than 1.3 mil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad