Ceremonial puck drop fail in China(1st KHL team)

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
How all pucks should be dropped, no bias and no money changing hands. Puts all refs to shame

JA

Let's revel in this comedy of errors for just a moment.

First of all, that red carpet has got to reach all the way to the centre ice faceoff dot. Somebody is likely to slip and fall.

As the video shows, the gentleman dropping the puck is seemingly dying to get out of there as soon as possible. The nice lady on his left is just explaining that he should drop the puck -- but not yet. Too late, the puck is tossed into the ether with no centremen in sight.

Then, the pivots reach the circle but take a moment to strap their helmets tightly. Not fast enough, says the gentleman who evidently learned about the hurry-up faceoff rule and not the exaggerated steps required of a ceremonial puck drop.

He drops the figurative mic and gets the hell out. The players look like they want him to try again, to which he likely responds with, "How many times do I have to drop this thing? It's cold and I'm walking on ice in loafers here."

The gentleman just really doesn't want to be there.

Stuckinthe2ndround*

The puck should be dropped from a kite every game.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Who was the guy? Was he slightly slow in the head?

Even if you have no clue about ceremonial face offs, it doesn't take a genius to understand that you probably have to wait until the two players are at the face off circle before tossing the puck.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Even if you have no clue about ceremonial face offs, it doesn't take a genius to understand that you probably have to wait until the two players are at the face off circle before tossing the puck.

The gentleman there probably has no idea what face off circle is. Or hockey in general, for that matter.

Marky1999

Sep 5, 2016
"This video is not available in your country"

Mine says the same thing. Why do YouTube channels do that? I can't watch the KHL Daily Update's on YouTube anymore because it says, "This video is not available in your country".

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Mine says the same thing. Why do YouTube channels do that? I can't watch the KHL Daily Update's on YouTube anymore because it says, "This video is not available in your country".

Because the rights to video belong to Viasat who paid money so you couldn't see it for free. However, have you heard about proxy, friend?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad