Central Scouting Publishes its Final List of QMJHL eligible draftees (Espo #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Politics plays a big role as well :) And whether or not the player WANTS to play AAA. Maxime Tanguay didnt want to play AAA as a 15 year old, so he played Espoirs. He is still a good player.

Espoir players are good players but they play a lower level so to compare them to Midget AAA players is tough.

Aren't they adding 4 more teams to the QMAAA league next year? Obviously that will have an effect on the Espoirs league.

HABracadabra

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
I don't know hy they would add a second team in the west of Montreal, the lions suck already.

The Gatineau intrepids made it to the telus Cup and many players of that team came from the Süroit, Beauval, Vaudreuil region of Lac St- Louis, that's why a second team was created.

And, by the way, Lions did not suck because of the quality of players put a very poorly run organisations.

The potential of Lac St-Louis is tremendous

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
HABracadabra said:
The Gatineau intrepids made it to the telus Cup and many players of that team came from the Süroit, Beauval, Vaudreuil region of Lac St- Louis, that's why a second team was created.

And, by the way, Lions did not suck because of the quality of players put a very poorly run organisations.

The potential of Lac St-Louis is tremendous

'tis true I played for their bantam team.

EDIT: I actually played against them. They consistently beat Mtl-Bourassa

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
You sure. Im sure youre right, i wont argue :) But 4 new teams. 16 Midget AAA teams. Seems excessive.

With the Q expending the way it has in the last 10 years, midget AAA doesn't have much of a choice but to follow suite. That league is the main talent pool for the major junior league and they need to produce more players.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Fozz said:
With the Q expending the way it has in the last 10 years, midget AAA doesn't have much of a choice but to follow suite. That league is the main talent pool for the major junior league and they need to produce more players.

Having more AAA teams has ZERO bearing on the QMJHL.

Of all the new Midget AAA players next year, how many of them actually would be considered good QMJHL prospects? The 12 teams go from 16 which means 4 new players will play AAA for every 12 players who would have played anyway. Of those 4 new players they will probably be 4th line players.

Know what I am getting at? It is sort of hard to explain.

Adding more AAA teams doesnt help develop hockey players. It gives more lesser skilled players a chance to play AAA, thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad