Central Scouting NCAA rankings are out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
On NHL.com you can check the complete CSS midterm ranking.

As for NA Skaters Brule is 6th!!! Johnson 5th!
But Bourdon is 4th... :shakehead

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
markov` said:
IMO it seems obvious that Bertram should be ahead of Skille and Stoa.

People seems to be overrating the U18 program.

Bertram doesn't have the size and strength that the other two have. Stoa and Skille will likely be able to handle the pro game more effectively. Bertram might skate better than those two but he doesn't have an advantage in any other area.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
PuckFan01 said:
Bertram doesn't have the size and strength that the other two have. Stoa and Skille will likely be able to handle the pro game more effectively. Bertram might skate better than those two but he doesn't have an advantage in any other area.

Bertram is playing on a scoring line in one of the best team in the USA. I liked what I saw from him, I've never seen Stoa and Skille but I'd be shocked if they were better than Bertram who reminds me of a poor-man Kariya.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
markov` said:
Bertram is playing on a scoring line in one of the best team in the USA. I liked what I saw from him, I've never seen Stoa and Skille but I'd be shocked if they were better than Bertram who reminds me of a poor-man Kariya.

Well, Skille's stock in particular has been on the rise for quite some time. Not only is he quite a bit bigger than Bertram, but he is just as, if not more skilled.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
markov` said:
IMO it seems obvious that Bertram should be ahead of Skille and Stoa.

People seems to be overrating the U18 program.

How can you say it should be "obvious" if you've never seen Skille or Stoa play? I've caught several Boston College games this year, and despite playing on a scoring line, Bertram hasn't done much for me.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
I'm surpised that Sasha Pokulok is ranked so high. Yeah, he's got the size but aside from that I've yet to see anything else about him that really jumps out. (and yes, I've already seen Cornell this season and will see them some more before season's end).

T. J. Hensick's stock falling as much as it has also suprises me a bit. He hasn't lost a step since last season and IMO still at the top of his game (if memory serves me correctly, he's currently leading the Wolverines in scoring).

I know this is a bit soon to say but if any of you thought that Minnesota's freshman class was good THIS season, wait until next season! The Gophers freshmen are going to be scary good next season.

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
Hensick being so low does make you scratch your head when you see some of the names ahead of him. He's leading the Wolverines in scoring again and will most likely be a Hobey Baker finalist as the top college player. He's been averaging about 2 points a game since being bench against Wisconsin at the end of November... just tearing it up. At the same time I guess I shouldn't be shocked since the CSB has the long habit of ranking size over skill, and T.J.'s only 5'9 or 5'10. But it's all an opinion poll, IMO, and when draft day comes around I'm sure he'll be taken a lot higher. If he goes below the 2nd round, someone's going to get a real steal!

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Oilers Chick said:
I'm surpised that Sasha Pokulok is ranked so high. Yeah, he's got the size but aside from that I've yet to see anything else about him that really jumps out. (and yes, I've already seen Cornell this season and will see them some more before season's end).

I agree. I saw Cornell only once this year and Pokulok didn't catch my eye, not at all. To me, he's just a defensively reliable blueliner with good size and strenght, just like his teammate Ryan O'Byrne...

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Oilers Chick said:
T. J. Hensick's stock falling as much as it has also suprises me a bit. He hasn't lost a step since last season and IMO still at the top of his game (if memory serves me correctly, he's currently leading the Wolverines in scoring).

here's my question about hensick - some people have questioned his courage, and from what i watched at the WJC, i'd agree. his speed and skills are evident, but is there a willingness to get his nose dirty? granted, i don't see enough of him to make a fair judgment- that's why i turn to OC and some others. so, will hensick take a big hit to make a play? will he drive the net knowing he's gonna get smacked down?

Dan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know when the full European rankings will be posted? I'm only seeing 1-26 on the skaters list and nothing for the goaltenders. Thanks

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Latendresse 67 of NA skaters :eek: .
Also low:
Bourret 19
Zagrapan 27
Aubin 62
Cogliano 87
Syvret 121
No Lavallee
No Bosclair
No Lascek

Funkymoses

The rankings just suck, basically. Whatever questions there may be about Hensick's "toughness," he won't fall out of the second round. He's at least as good as Cammalleri and is really dominating at Michigan this year. That ranking for him means that the CSB would take him in the 6th round at the earliest if you account for Euros, which is NOT going to happen. Put stock in their ratings at your own risk.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
I highly doubt that Hensick will last until the 6th or even 4th round but he is not a 1st round candidate and it would not surprise me in the least to see him fall out of the 2nd round as well.

He is a good skater, has good vision and a great release but strength is indeed his downfall. He has been knocked off the puck far too many times for my liking and as it stands for most scouts as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->