Central Scouting Final Rankings

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
Rabid Ranger said:
While I think Kessel is being underrated a fair amount of late, I am more than willing to acknowledge that he is much closer to the Toews and Staals of the world than the Crosbys and Ovechkins. That wasn't always the perception, and that's negatively affected how many view him as a prospect. He's not the American answer to Crosby, yet he's still a very good prospect in a draft that should feature a record number of Americans taken in the 1st round. That's something that I can appreciate.
Great post RR. As a Sioux fan, I have also tried to appreciate what Kessel brings to the table. I watched many of their games this year and I try to post all of my opinions without being a homer. I think Kessel is a great player. I just think Toews ended up developing rapidly this year, while Kessel stayed on a regular development course. We don't know what will happen draft day, but I do know that Kessel and Toews will be great pick-ups for whoever drafts them. I would be thrilled if my team had either of them.

It's great that posters like you can see things without being a homer. Thank you.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
LaLaLaprise said:
Only played 35 games this year because of a number of injuries. Dislocated shoulder when someone he was going to hit moved and he hit the glass. Steped on a puck and pulled his groin and he broke his hand in a fight. Scouts have said normally having that many injuries would be cause for concern but it is more bad luck than being fragile.

He probably wont be a big scorer at the next level but he is a good skater, he plays physical, he is good on the PK. Smart player.

I see him more in the late 2nd round.

Didn't he miss a few games with a hip-pointer at the end of the season when the glass popped out as he threw a check?
Another freak injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->