CCM pro tack question

marylands_finest

Jan 22, 2007
hello everyone.

i recently picked up playing hockey again and heard about these forums. i took a break for about 4 years and missed it to the point where i have to get back on the ice. My buddy is the equipment manager for the washington capitals and he hooked me up with a pair of brand new skates. CCM pro tacks. the thing is they dont look like the newer boot. they have a different design on them, although they still have the comfort control and anti microbial linings. They have the tuuk lightspeed2's with an ls2 blade. Also on the underside of the boot there is a sticker that says alex ovechkin. im not sure if any of you could point me into the direction on if this is an older model or whatthe price may be today for the skate. I will snap some pics of them and post them as soon as i get batteries for my camera tomarrow. Im also getting to thinking that maybe these skates were an extra set for ovechkin but he gave em to my buddy who then gave them to me. who knows all i know is they fit perfect but i havent skated them yet.

Anyways thanks for your help in advance and hopefully you guys have some input on if they are a good skate. ill post pics tomarrow:)

-nick

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
That's interesting...but Tacks are essentially gone now. And with the Tuuks on them, makes me suspect that these are pro stock and not just pro tacks. CCMs actually use the E-Blade holder or Pro-Lite if it's older.

Ovechkin uses the Vector skate...and this might have been a sample or something for him that he didn't like. But pics would be nice...pro stock sells for all sorts of amounts though, but being a higher end skate I'd estimate a retail price to be around $300-400

marylands_finest

Jan 22, 2007
That's interesting...but Tacks are essentially gone now. And with the Tuuks on them, makes me suspect that these are pro stock and not just pro tacks. CCMs actually use the E-Blade holder or Pro-Lite if it's older.

Ovechkin uses the Vector skate...and this might have been a sample or something for him that he didn't like. But pics would be nice...pro stock sells for all sorts of amounts though, but being a higher end skate I'd estimate a retail price to be around $300-400

cool...ill snap some pics of them tomarrow and you can let me know...i figured something was a little different because i noticed the holder was different compared to the ones like the e-blades or pro-lite's. the picture will make this process much easier but thanks for the help as of now.

redlighthockey

Sep 10, 2006
East Coast
I'm gonna take a stab in the dark. But if they say Alex Ovechin on the bottom wouldn't it make sense that they were his?

Sell them on ebay.

marylands_finest

Jan 22, 2007
I'm gonna take a stab in the dark. But if they say Alex Ovechin on the bottom wouldn't it make sense that they were his?

Sell them on ebay.

possibly...i was asking because i have been out of hockey for about 4 years and i wasnt sure if ovechkin had a line of skates made through CCM for retail to the public. like his own skate he could advertise. Either way im gonna use them unless i get some crazy offer before hand. i dont have the time to deal with selling them id rather use them. ill post pics tomarrow to clarify which skate it actually is.

Thanks guys,

Nick

marylands_finest

Jan 22, 2007
k got a chance to snap some pictures of the skates. let me know what you guys think.

Thanks again for the help.

hockey007.jpg

hockey008-1.jpg

hockey009.jpg

marylands_finest

Jan 22, 2007
cool thats the answer i was looking for...i guess i lucked out they fit me pretty good i would say. i have no movement forward or back and even up and down in the ankle and my toes have plenty of room to move around. anyone have any idea as to what these skates retail for? i want to atleast give my buddy a lil something instead of taking them for free...

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
you can find pro tacks for under $300 now, but originally they were around $500. The holders are around $30 and the cost to switch them out would be around $50.

It's one of those things where you just do him a favor back or buy him a few drinks, but that's just my opinion.

Now, what you should do next is tell him to send me some of ovvie's gloves. I want me some nylon vector pros with nash palms!!!

marylands_finest

Jan 22, 2007
you can find pro tacks for under $300 now, but originally they were around $500. The holders are around $30 and the cost to switch them out would be around $50.

It's one of those things where you just do him a favor back or buy him a few drinks, but that's just my opinion.

Now, what you should do next is tell him to send me some of ovvie's gloves. I want me some nylon vector pros with nash palms!!!

haha yea im sure he will come across those easily...if he did they would be going on my hands:D

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Sweet deal man. I'd make sure you buy your buddy a few rounds the next time you are out. Looks as if he hooked up with some skates made for Ovie to try out.

marylands_finest

Jan 22, 2007
well i skated them last week and i really like them. this is my first time trying ccm skates i usually used bauer, but the comfort anf fitment of the ccm's is flawless..we will see how they hold up with a lil more use...thanks again guys

-Nick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad