CCM Oxysox

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatSleepJeep

Dec 31, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Not so much temperature, I rarely get cold on the ice and don't even wear socks under my Vectors.

I'm looking more at a dryness & breathing for summer roller. I have to wear socks under my Bauers because in the summer my feet get wetter and that's when I start to get rubbing problems. I've already drilled 20+ holes in my skates' tongues to help with airflow. I want to know how these socks do from a dryness standpoint.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Got me there. I've had a cheaper pair of "performance socks" and it wasn't too much of a difference.

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
I just think it's dumb to pay that much for socks. Any athletic sock will do, as long as there are no holes. Just my opinion.

number21

Nov 20, 2006
Chicago
go on ebay and search oxysox.

i got 6 pair for $20, they don't say ccm, but they are from oxysox.
I could be wrong but i think the main idea of oxysox is they are like a compression sock. They are tighter to help keep the muscles warm and less prone to strain.

I got the long over the calf oxys because the straps from my rbk shin pads drive me nuts on my bare skin.

If you just want wicking, google liner socks. Or you could just get long dress socks.

greech

Jul 17, 2004
Boston
...in the summer my feet get wetter and that's when I start to get rubbing problems. I've already drilled 20+ holes in my skates' tongues to help with airflow. I want to know how these socks do from a dryness standpoint.
Did you drill holes in the tongue or the footbed? Because holes down on the footbed help drain excess sweat from the boot, not too sure if that will help your problems...

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I've used Nike Dri fits, the newer Nike/Bauer hockey socks and the Synergy socks and I think the OxySocks are the best. The Synergy socks might be better for roller since they are a bit thinner but they got holes in them pretty quickly.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
just skate barefoot like i do, best feeling you could ever have in your skates

Patrick Bateman

Jan 14, 2007
I have 4 pairs of these socks. They keep my feet dry and blister free, and I don't get as tired when I wear them.

sorno

Jun 23, 2006
They work great for me. I am less fatigued and have more energy. It could be a placebo effect, but I won't play without them.

lifebird

Jan 16, 2012
Chicago area
Great tip! 9 years later and eBay still has them as you described. Same sock ... wayyyy cheaper. By far my fave skate sock for hockey. Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad