CCHL 2017 / 2018 Regular Season

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
True/False
Jeff Jordan now with Kemptville 73's at both Junior A and Midget?
CCHL just tweeted it 10 minutes ago and Jeff Jordan is head coach of CCHL club and Jason York is head coach of u18AAA team while Jordan and someone else are associate coaches. Very happy for Jeff Jordan to get a head coach job this quick but he has a lot of work to do in Kemptville so hopefully they make some transactions for more talent.

HockeyVolunteer

Jan 8, 2016
CCHL just tweeted it 10 minutes ago and Jeff Jordan is head coach of CCHL club and Jason York is head coach of u18AAA team while Jordan and someone else are associate coaches. Very happy for Jeff Jordan to get a head coach job this quick but he has a lot of work to do in Kemptville so hopefully they make some transactions for more talent.

What, no greyed out picture of Dopson?

Glad to hear Jeff Jordan is back behind the bench. Bright future for the guy.

60 minutes

Jan 10, 2012
PLK have now lost 8 in a row which is approaching the worst stretch last season for the PLK of 11 in a row. We all know what happened to the coach last season. Is it time for the owner to put his GM pants on and fire the coach and then put his owner pants on and fire the GM. It will never happen but should. The longer this goes on the harder it gets to remember when the PLK were a flagship franchise of the league.

HockeyVolunteer

Jan 8, 2016
By the lack of posts in this group, I'm starting to get the feeling that nobody actually cares about this league anymore. CPC is a powerhouse that can't be stopped, so why even bother investing time and energy here.

mario01

Nov 9, 2017
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/isna/6/o.pngsubscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Most teams in this league just participate in the league they do not compete in the league.
This is a recruiting league and CPC does a great job of recruiting/buying a team.

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
Most teams in this league just participate in the league they do not compete in the league.
This is a recruiting league and CPC does a great job of recruiting/buying a team.
Stick to your midget posts big guy...

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
So what are you saying?
All the teams in the CCHL compete?
You are not a great recruiter?
You do not pay a PDF to get players?

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
So what are you saying?
All the teams in the CCHL compete?
You are not a great recruiter?
You do not pay a PDF to get players?

Nothing wrong with paying a PDF if it makes the team stronger and fills in the missing pieces to compete in playoffs, Fred Page then RBC Cup.
Most teams are trying to be competitive but only CP, Ottawa, Hawkesbury and Brockville are scouting outside of this area adding good players. Kanata is doing well but drafting the best in the Midget draft and developing them.
Smiths Falls, Pembroke, Cornwall and Kemptville are all on a downward spiral in my opinion. Nepean, Rockland, Navan are all under new coaching staff so will see what they do second half before I evaluate. Navan in trades will be stronger in next few years because very young now.

This January deadline will help show who wants to make a good run and who just wants to sell more PDFs.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
Is there anywhere I can find a list breaking down NCAA commits by team in this league. I know CP will be first each year but wondering how other teams are doing promoting their players. Year by year would be even nicer. TIA

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Nothing wrong with paying a PDF if it makes the team stronger and fills in the missing pieces to compete in playoffs, Fred Page then RBC Cup.
Most teams are trying to be competitive but only CP, Ottawa, Hawkesbury and Brockville are scouting outside of this area adding good players. Kanata is doing well but drafting the best in the Midget draft and developing them.
Smiths Falls, Pembroke, Cornwall and Kemptville are all on a downward spiral in my opinion. Nepean, Rockland, Navan are all under new coaching staff so will see what they do second half before I evaluate. Navan in trades will be stronger in next few years because very young now.

This January deadline will help show who wants to make a good run and who just wants to sell more PDFs.

Let the man defend himself.
I did not say anything was bad.
I was making a comment on how teams are formed, because my previous post was about how many teams in the CCHL compete in the league and how many participate. As you pointed out above only 4 of 12 are trying to compete the rest are just participating.
Thanks for making my point.

HockeyVolunteer

Jan 8, 2016

I never quite understood the trade deadline dates. I know there is a soft date sometime in December, maybe December 10 or 15 and then there's the January 10th trade deadline, right? My confusion is the December one. What happens then?

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
My history is old but teams start with 35 cards (no cards now but you know what I mean) It used to be that on December 1st all junior teams had to be down to 25 players or free cards. . Then on January 10th all junior teams have to be at 21 players or free cards. I have herd that the December 1st deadline is now 23 players or free cards but I am not 100 percent sure. Hope this helps.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
I never quite understood the trade deadline dates. I know there is a soft date sometime in December, maybe December 10 or 15 and then there's the January 10th trade deadline, right? My confusion is the December one. What happens then?

December 1st roster has to be down to 25 and January 10 is 23 and final roster. Not sure if affiliation cards have to be filled out by then or not. Hopefully Mr. Clarke can add any details that are missing.

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
Yes. U are correct. Not Happy with incorrect information as usual....just like his midget posts...out to lunch...

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
Question for a friend. If his son gets moved from CCHL to CCHL2 then will his rights only belong to CCHL2? My thoughts are the CCHL contract needs to be terminated by team so basically a release from that level and he would be a free agent at that level. Now tricky part, if he plays a CCHL2 game then decides to join a tier 1 team in another league, is that possible if PDF goes to CCHL2 team?

His son had major junior teams interested as well but still wants to pursue school route first if possible. I know a few schools have been watching him. Current team right now will probably never give player a chance at regular playing time.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Question for a friend. If his son gets moved from CCHL to CCHL2 then will his rights only belong to CCHL2? My thoughts are the CCHL contract needs to be terminated by team so basically a release from that level and he would be a free agent at that level. Now tricky part, if he plays a CCHL2 game then decides to join a tier 1 team in another league, is that possible if PDF goes to CCHL2 team?

His son had major junior teams interested as well but still wants to pursue school route first if possible. I know a few schools have been watching him. Current team right now will probably never give player a chance at regular playing time.

At the risk of being wrong again.
B1 - My understanding is the CCHL own a players rights as long as he stays on their CCHL protection list. The list used to be 35 but it could be larger now that they have U18 also.
B2 - If B1 is correct, the CCHL would have to trade his playing rights at Tier 1 to the new Tier 1 team. Meaning they would get the PDF or a player from that team. The CCHL 2 team might get something if they have a good working relationship with the CCHL team to which the player belongs.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
At the risk of being wrong again.
B1 - My understanding is the CCHL own a players rights as long as he stays on their CCHL protection list. The list used to be 35 but it could be larger now that they have U18 also.
B2 - If B1 is correct, the CCHL would have to trade his playing rights at Tier 1 to the new Tier 1 team. Meaning they would get the PDF or a player from that team. The CCHL 2 team might get something if they have a good working relationship with the CCHL team to which the player belongs.

Thanks, not sure if anything changed with CCHL, CCHL2 and u18AAA all under same roof.

The kid is skating with a Major Junior team this week to see if he wants to go that route or not. If so, he might not be coming home.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Thanks, not sure if anything changed with CCHL, CCHL2 and u18AAA all under same roof.

The kid is skating with a Major Junior team this week to see if he wants to go that route or not. If so, he might not be coming home.

If your friends kid makes a major team do you see that a success for U18 and the CCHL?

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
If your friends kid makes a major team do you see that a success for U18 and the CCHL?

He never played in the u18AAA so CCHL gets credit I guess. Really and truly it is more hardwork and determination by player themselves which gives them opportunities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad