CCHL 2017 / 2018 Regular Season

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
Season is just around the corner..... Who is excited???

New website looks great and would be nice to see rosters of each team before the showcase. Hard to get a good handle on what each team has based on tweets.

Also, very interested to see how that new camera will work.

hockeyscout24

Oct 19, 2014
New website looks great and would be nice to see rosters of each team before the showcase. Hard to get a good handle on what each team has based on tweets.

Also, very interested to see how that new camera will work.

According to Twitter - all the rosters will be made available Friday.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
Season is just around the corner..... Who is excited???

Was excited until watching first 2 days of showcase...overall caliber of league has definitely gone down this year. OJS are definitely the team to beat but I imagine they might still make a few moves before playoffs. CP won both their games but won't be the same team as in the past and will probably make some additions as well. Pembroke and Nepean maybe only two teams that improved from last year. Hawkesbury, Cornwall, Brockville, Smiths Falls, Kemptville and Navan definitely weaker then last year. Kanata got even younger if that was possible. Rockland I need to watch a bit more today.

Only two games in so alot could change....hopefully.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
New website

Is there somewhere on new website that we can see pregame matchups like old site? Old site allowed you to see past 5 games, past 10 games, home and away stats, etc. and height, weight , age. This was a very nice report to look at before going to watch a game to somewhat figure out who to watch.

Also, I hope that +/- stat starts working because I think it is a very valuable stat. Example one player has 2 goals but is -2 so far after 2 games.

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Pre-game matchup Info

Is there somewhere on new website that we can see pregame matchups like old site? Old site allowed you to see past 5 games, past 10 games, home and away stats, etc. and height, weight , age. This was a very nice report to look at before going to watch a game to somewhat figure out who to watch.

Easternfan asked of pre-game matchups - try Game Central/ Scores & in the red bar above the game matchup there is a Media Kt on the right. A PDF document downloads to your computer & I’ll leave it to the reader to decide for themselves as to how secure a method this might be. Within the download of 24 pages, at pages 17/18 one can locate head to head information.

Also, I hope that +/- stat starts working because I think it is a very valuable stat. Example one player has 2 goals but is -2 so far after 2 games.

For the +/- information, I accessed Player Stats, changing from Quick View to Plus/Minus & then going to Expanded View which did give additional information but not a +/- report. Nor did I locate +/- info by clicking on a player’s profile. Easternfan, could you please advise where you found even this incorrect info?

Last edited:

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Player Movements

Hawkesbury trades 2 players after the season’s start but I can’t locate where this information is recorded on the Hockeytech website. I considered Game Central / Rosters/ Transactions as the logical location on the http://www.thecchl.ca website.

Any fan able to advise where one can read of player transactions on the CCHL website?

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
Easternfan asked of pre-game matchups - try Game Central/ Scores & in the red bar above the game matchup there is a Media Kt on the right. A PDF document downloads to your computer & I’ll leave it to the reader to decide for themselves as to how secure a method this might be. Within the download of 24 pages, at pages 17/18 one can locate head to head information.

For the +/- information, I accessed Player Stats, changing from Quick View to Plus/Minus & then going to Expanded View which did give additional information but not a +/- report. Nor did I locate +/- info by clicking on a player’s profile. Easternfan, could you please advise where you found even this incorrect info?

Thank you for helping me find pre-game matchups.

The +/- stats was in actual boxscore for each game but I see it is not being used in player stats.

Also, how do you use that new camera feature on hockeytv? I logged on last night to try but my connection was poor so didn't stay on too long.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
Hawkesbury trades 2 players after the season’s start but I can’t locate where this information is recorded on the Hockeytech website. I considered Game Central / Rosters/ Transactions as the logical location on the http://www.thecchl.ca website.

Any fan able to advise where one can read of player transactions on the CCHL website?

Doesn't look like transactions is working yet. I only get my information via Twitter for now.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
Tried watching the Hawks game for a bit and quit because camera was never on the play. Is the fancy camera installed in Hawkesbury? If so, how do you get it to follow the play?

HockeyVolunteer

Jan 8, 2016
Was anyone at the Rockland game on Friday. They said 1200 but I watched a bit online and I'm sure there was no where near 1200

hockeyscout24

Oct 19, 2014
One week in....
GP W L OTL SOL PTS GF GA
Carleton Place 5 4 1 0 0 8 18 12
Rockland 5 3 0 1 1 8 19 12
Brockville 5 3 2 0 0 6 11 12
Kanata 5 3 2 0 0 6 16 19
Pembroke 5 3 2 0 0 6 26 21
Hawkesbury 5 3 2 0 0 6 19 18
Ottawa 5 3 2 0 0 6 22 16
Smith Falls 5 2 3 0 0 4 17 18
Cornwall 5 2 3 0 0 4 9 12
Navan 5 2 3 0 0 4 16 19
Kemptville 5 1 4 0 0 2 10 20
Nepean 5 1 4 0 0 2 15 19

I know it is just the beginning but I am Surprised by Kanata - Disappointed in Nepean

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
When will height and weights be updated on rosters? It is still last year's measurements and I know all players were measured first day of showcase weekend.

Won't comment on teams yet until I see a few more games and coaches start having a more regular lineup, some teams are still assessing players in my opinion.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
One week in....
GP W L OTL SOL PTS GF GA
Carleton Place 5 4 1 0 0 8 18 12
Rockland 5 3 0 1 1 8 19 12
Brockville 5 3 2 0 0 6 11 12
Kanata 5 3 2 0 0 6 16 19
Pembroke 5 3 2 0 0 6 26 21
Hawkesbury 5 3 2 0 0 6 19 18
Ottawa 5 3 2 0 0 6 22 16
Smith Falls 5 2 3 0 0 4 17 18
Cornwall 5 2 3 0 0 4 9 12
Navan 5 2 3 0 0 4 16 19
Kemptville 5 1 4 0 0 2 10 20
Nepean 5 1 4 0 0 2 15 19

I know it is just the beginning but I am Surprised by Kanata - Disappointed in Nepean

I expected Kanata to be most improved this year but I didn't expect a coaching change this early in the season. Glad Jeff Jordan is staying with Kanata and developing more u18AAA players, he is a great asset to club.

hky01

Jan 5, 2016
I'm not one to comment on the CCHL and their social media. But that's a pretty gutless post to throw up a picture of Jeff Jordan OUT and Nathan Hewitt IN on Twitter and the CCHL website.

scout294

May 8, 2017
twitter/webpage

i have to agree that this is a little bush. Np with Hewitt announcement but to publicize a dismissal weeeellll??

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
I'm not one to comment on the CCHL and their social media. But that's a pretty gutless post to throw up a picture of Jeff Jordan OUT and Nathan Hewitt IN on Twitter and the CCHL website.

Completely agree with that statement. Like I said before Jeff Jordan is a great asset to have on a team and if he did get released, he would be picked up very quickly by another.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015

Jeff Jordan should insist that that post be taken down from the CCHL website and from the CCHL twitter account.

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
CCHL Transactions

It’s good that the Transactions section of the CCHL Hockeytech website has now been active for a couple of days & includes pre-season movements.

However, I must still express my preference for Pointstreak’s syle as to where a player was traded as opposed to simply being deleted from a CCHL roster.

Examples:
Nepean’s Ben Sellars goes to Cobourg.
73s Vincent Roy is traded to Montreal-Est
Hawks G. Fiori is traded to Pictou County
Lasers added Connor Rider but from what team were his Jr. A rights acquired?

A positive was seeing the volume of player movements within the pre-season.

As Easternfan noted earlier, a reader needs to access his Twitter account for specifics on player movements.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
League comms guy here.

It's not a gutless post, it's the dissemination of information through a league channel. Standard procedure for higher-level leagues that I've worked with (CFL, NASL, etc.). When a coach is let go, it has to be addressed in a press release/on social — that's public relations 101.

I've had professional interactions with Jeff Jordan and can assure you that a social media post is the last thing on his mind — he's a consummate professional and focused on running his u-18 program to the best of his abilities, not worrying about a picture on Twitter.

I'm not understanding how this is "bush" in any way; are we supposed to act as though Hewitt took the position and Jordan never existed? No, as the league we have the obligation to report — through press releases and online graphics — both parts of a head coaching change.

As for our CCHL_PR feed and league transactions page, we are still working out the best way forward in regards to content as we continue to adjust to the new website.

Cheers.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
League comms guy here.

It's not a gutless post, it's the dissemination of information through a league channel. Standard procedure for higher-level leagues that I've worked with (CFL, NASL, etc.). When a coach is let go, it has to be addressed in a press release/on social — that's public relations 101.

I've had professional interactions with Jeff Jordan and can assure you that a social media post is the last thing on his mind — he's a consummate professional and focused on running his u-18 program to the best of his abilities, not worrying about a picture on Twitter.

I'm not understanding how this is "bush" in any way; are we supposed to act as though Hewitt took the position and Jordan never existed? No, as the league we have the obligation to report — through press releases and online graphics — both parts of a head coaching change.

As for our CCHL_PR feed and league transactions page, we are still working out the best way forward in regards to content as we continue to adjust to the new website.

Cheers.

I know you have to post changes just the picture of IN and OUT is what I was not too crazy about. Jeff Jordan maybe out as head coach of Kanata but he will keep developing players in u18AAA like he did with old Sens AAA for OHL, CCHL,CCHL2 and NCAA...no way is he out at all. My kids never played for Jeff Jordan but I have a lot of respect for him and you always knew his teams were going to improve as season went on and give a great playoff run.

CCHL _PR feed is great to keep up with news. Only thing I haven't found in thecchl website is how to find out who is playing pregame? I see media kit with all great stats but pregame lineups would be nice to see. I know more teams post them on Twitter but not all. I like to know which players I will be watching before puck drop.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
True/False
Jeff Jordan now with Kemptville 73's at both Junior A and Midget?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad