CC, Clarkson, others legislation to return to Div III - VOTED DOWN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
The vote to return Colorado College, Clarkson, RPI and some others to Div III status was voted down today, essentially saving the programs.

They voted to keep those schools in Div I hockey, but agreed to refuse other Div III schools from becoming Div I - grandfathering the programs that are already Div I. They will be allowed to continue to issue scholarships, something Div III schools are barred from doing.

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Last edited:

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
DeathFromAbove said:
The vote to return Colorado College, Clarkson, RPI and some others to Div III status was voted down today, essentially saving the programs.

They voted to keep those schools in Div I hockey, but agreed to refuse other Div III schools from becoming Div I - grandfathering the programs that are already Div I.

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

You mean St. Lawrence as well as the "others" eh? ;)

That is good news

:bow:

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Prop 65 wasn't actually voted down, it was voted in, along with an amendment (65-1) that gave the eight schools "playing up" the ability to still give out scholarships for their d-1 programs, which is great news.

my mistake, they did reject the original version and passed the amended version.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad