GDT: CBJ vs Pitt || Game 64

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Interesting what Laine said after the game as he’s often pretty blunt and to the point. He described the Jackets as playing “scared”, certainly not good even when tanking.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Anyone have any word on the Elvis illness? Like, if it's communicable...why was he back on the bench?

Could do wonders for the tank, potentially. :sarcasm:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Interesting what Laine said after the game as he’s often pretty blunt and to the point. He described the Jackets as playing “scared”, certainly not good even when tanking.

Anyone have any word on the Elvis illness? Like, if it's communicable...why was he back on the bench?

Could do wonders for the tank, potentially. :sarcasm:
Maybe they were scared to catch what Elvis got.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Players and coaches don’t intentionally lose/tank. Management of teams I think sometimes do. (And even then, it’s usually indirectly, from more of a standpoint of “we’re going to be sellers/focused on developing/want to give young guys a shot” and not “we want to put the worst lineup on the ice possible”.)

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana

I think this is the one, he had a few though so who knows?

Thanks. That was sick.

Players and coaches don’t intentionally lose/tank. Management of teams I think sometimes do. (And even then, it’s usually indirectly, from more of a standpoint of “we’re going to be sellers/focused on developing/want to give young guys a shot” and not “we want to put the worst lineup on the ice possible”.)
I also believe this to be the case. Which means last night is scary, if we plan on keeping Larsen. That's the second 4 goal lead they've blown in a 6 game stretch, and I'm pretty sure those aren't the only two 4 goal leads they've squandered under Larsen.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Thanks. That was sick.

I also believe this to be the case. Which means last night is scary, if we plan on keeping Larsen. That's the second 4 goal lead they've blown in a 6 game stretch, and I'm pretty sure those aren't the only two 4 goal leads they've squandered under Larsen.
I would guess they haven't had too many chances

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad