GDT: CBJ vs Chicago 1:00 PM Bedard Bowl Part Deux -

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Five Observations:
1. 13-91-86 meshed well and deserve more games together
2. When Ros plays poorly or meh - which is often - his line does, too. But in those nights he plays good center, his line can be effective.
3. Bemstrom was very good tonight
4. Korpi is on a good roll
5. Gud and Berni were a good duo tonight (Peeke is wondering if he’s a healthy scratch again)

Cant overlook that this was Chicago, but they also smoked us last time,

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
Went to NA for the second time this year, and have to say I was pleasantly surprised (maybe it helps to have incredibly low expectations going in...). Really liked how the team kept their heads after going down 1-0, hope we get to see more of the 13-91-86 line, and am really excited for what 91 can become.

Happy new year ya all.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I dont expect Trotz and his style is incredibly boring but the team would some structure for the 1st time in a few years I guess.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
the four games after the next? bruuuuutal. yeeesh

D2801AB8-C2F9-41BC-AADD-0264F736DFA2.jpeg

bemmer’s last 8 games. I like the sight of this.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Yesterday was a fun game, and honestly felt good to not care about winning or losing. With that being said, some of the takeaways for me were:

1. Nyquist brings out the best in Bemstrom. Normally I think Roslovic is not a good fit with Bemstrom, but that line seemed to work. Of course you should take it with a grain of salt because of who they are playing, but that line had plenty of chances.

2. Johnson and Gaudreau need to stay together (maybe Marchenko too). Johnson is so close to having “it.” He really needs to work on bulking up this off-season, face-off ability, and continuing to develop his shot. However, the way he can handle the puck, borderline elite skating (not speed), and vision, there is no reason he cannot be a great player in this league.

3. Continue to put Nyquist out there in empty net situations, increase his trade value.

4. I prefer Berni to Boqvist. Not sure if that is a hot take or not.

5. Put Foudy out there for empty nets. He needs to score a goal and maybe his floodgates open. Never do I expect him to score 15-20 goals a year, but he gets so many chances that I don’t know how he can’t score 5 a year. Robinson was very much the same way, and still is on breakaways :sarcasm:

Reactions: Toe Pick and LJ7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad