Recalled/Assigned: CBJ recalls Frederic St. Denis

bizzz*

I recall Denis. His first name was Mark and he wasn't a saint though.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'd like to see him play, and to test my theory that our AHL defence makes a pretty good reserve that can play NHL quality defence.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Well at this point Jarmo has no choice. It's not like he can go and trade for someone.
I think you can still make trades but the player wouldn't be allowed on your playoff roster. Big trades after the deadline never happens though. I think Columbus made a trade last year(or the year before) but it was for the AHL.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think you can still make trades but the player wouldn't be allowed on your playoff roster. Big trades after the deadline never happens though. I think Columbus made a trade last year(or the year before) but it was for the AHL.

Really? I've never heard of this. If we lose another defender we'd benefit from a trade. Could they be allowed on the NHL regular season roster?

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Really? I've never heard of this. If we lose another defender we'd benefit from a trade. Could they be allowed on the NHL regular season roster?
This is what I've heard but not 100%. Maybe someone else can confirm. If what I said is true, regular season roster is allowed. But it never happens though so it's unlikely Jarmo makes a trade.

Also it seems like if a player has to go on waivers, the team picking him up can't use him in the playoffs as well.

Here's an old thread and people were talking about it.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1177863

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
It's so comical how it seems like fate tries to screw us constantly. It almost feels like there are supernatural forces that are keeping us from the playoffs. We finally had a good team last year, the lockout kept them from training camp thus we had a terrible start and the season was to short to make up for it. This year we are clearly a playoff, not even a wildcard, but a solid 4 seed IMO, but injury after injury to key players is constantly causing us to go to depths within our organization that no team should have to go to. I feel like we are now down to our like 12th defender on the roster to come in and play. I think we had our 3rd and 4th string goalies suited up at one point (I might be making that up), and at forward we seem to have people constantly hurt as well.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
This is what I've heard but not 100%. Maybe someone else can confirm. If what I said is true, regular season roster is allowed. But it never happens though so it's unlikely Jarmo makes a trade.

Also it seems like if a player has to go on waivers, the team picking him up can't use him in the playoffs as well.

Here's an old thread and people were talking about it.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1177863

Verified as true.

I think Columbus has had a couple. Goertzen for DiCassmiro, I believe, was after the deadline many years back.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's so comical how it seems like fate tries to screw us constantly. It almost feels like there are supernatural forces that are keeping us from the playoffs. We finally had a good team last year, the lockout kept them from training camp thus we had a terrible start and the season was to short to make up for it. This year we are clearly a playoff, not even a wildcard, but a solid 4 seed IMO, but injury after injury to key players is constantly causing us to go to depths within our organization that no team should have to go to. I feel like we are now down to our like 12th defender on the roster to come in and play. I think we had our 3rd and 4th string goalies suited up at one point (I might be making that up), and at forward we seem to have people constantly hurt as well.
As annoyed as I am about the circumstances, I think it also shows just how far we've come. We had a similar rash of insane blueline injuries during the year of The Former #7, and look how the team turned out then.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00