Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
In other stat's news for CBJ prospects overseas Kevin Stenlund- 6 points in 19 SHL games thus far. Johnathan Davidsson- 13 points in 25 SHL games.

If Stenlund is the next Mats Sundin, what does this mean Swedish JD is gonna be......:amazed::whaaa?:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Here at the WJC scrimmage for Team USA.

Peake has been impressive. Great size and great poise. Right handed shot, seems like a Savard replacement down the road. He actually reminds me a lot like Savy.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Also thoroughly convinced that him and Ansel Elgort are twins lmao.

Attachments

• 83C0A05E-B47B-4E22-A090-A298B31EC676.png
    83C0A05E-B47B-4E22-A090-A298B31EC676.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 1989C88F-F45F-4A56-8943-B0D7F8E091F8.jpeg
    1989C88F-F45F-4A56-8943-B0D7F8E091F8.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Here at the WJC scrimmage for Team USA.

Peake has been impressive. Great size and great poise. Right handed shot, seems like a Savard replacement down the road. He actually reminds me a lot like Savy.
It looks like they are cajoling him(FO), and still have 3 years to sign him (i mean can he pull a Butcher?)

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
JK left Sweden and Stenlund is feeling loose. 2 assist in 3:2 win, with second most ice time among all players. 19min+ Look at that apple. Not so good on FO tonight only 46%.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
JK left Sweden and Stenlund is feeling loose. 2 assist in 3:2 win, with second most ice time among all players. 19min+ Look at that apple. Not so good on FO tonight only 46%.

Nice pass.

Sidenote: How on earth were those two teams able to tell each other apart? :laugh:

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Dang....................Peeke looks like Old Guy at that age.

Here's hoping Peeke has a better career.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
as mentioned in that top 20 thread below (which doesn't have any lists anymore), how would you guys rank a top 10 list
right now? anyone making major strides the last few months?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
as mentioned in that top 20 thread below (which doesn't have any lists anymore), how would you guys rank a top 10 list

Just reviewing our 2017 draft prospects:

Bemstrom is our “under the radar” prospect imo. Would love to see what numbers he could put up consistently at the SHL level. Being snubbed off the Sweden WJC roster was shocking but hope he’ll rebound with a chip on his shoulder.

Texier has been alternating between first and second line duties as an 18 year old in the Liiga, which is always a good thing. Has 8 goals in 30 games which doesn’t seem like a lot but his goals have been beauties. He has great potential but is awhile away from making the jump to NA, imo. Will be interesting to see how he does for France at the WJC.

Tarasov might be our best goalie prospect aside from Elvis. His numbers in the MHL so far are incredbile. 27 games, 1.84 GAA, .925 save percentage. Will more than likely be called up to the KHL nearing the end of this season. There was some talk that he would’ve went first round if he didnt have a history of injuries. His potential is great.

Kale Howarth has put up 1.53 ppg in the BCHL so far this season. Crazy good numbers but then again, it’s the BCHL. He will make the jump to the NCAA level next season and play for UCONN. He should see immediate first/second line minutes. The Huskies are just 8-11-2 this season.

While I gave praise to Bemstrom, Jonathan Davidsson might contend with Emil for our most under the radar prospect. He’s exceeded his point total in the SHL from last season in 17 games less this season. 14 points in 27 games as a 20 year old in the SHL, not bad at all. The Jackets are deep at RW so Davidsson’s development probably won’t be rushed by any means, although I could see him make the jump to NA depending on what his brother does (they’re on the same team in the SHL).

Carson Meyer has been very, very meh for Miami. It’s become a tradition, it seems to take a AAA CBJ alumni player. He produced at a 0.81 ppg rate last year, this season he is producing just 0.33 ppg. Not to mention the team is struggling too. 3-4-1, after going 9-20-7 last season.

And finally, our 7th round draft pick. Robbie Stucker. Has good size. Headed to University of Minnesota next season which should be good for his development depending on what role he immediately jumps into with the team. Minnesota has a reputation of not rushing their players into immediate impact roles. I doubt Stucker will see a tremendous amount of playing time next season and it’s quite possible that we may never sign him since he’s going the college route. He more than likely won’t be ready to turn pro for another 3+ years atleast.

If I had to rank our 2017 draft prospects in terms of raw
potential, my rankings would go like this:

1.) Texier

2.) Tarasov
3.) Bemstrom
4.) Davidsson

5.) Stucker
6.) Howarth

7.) Meyer

————————

Hope you enjoyed my takes. Viewpoints are my own. Happy Holidays.

Last edited:

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
This was my list in July, which didn't include any 2017 draftees:

1. Pierre-Luc Dubois, C/LW
2. Gabriel Carlsson, LHD
3. Vladislav Gavrikov, LHD
4. Vitaly Abramov, RW
5. Sonny Milano, RW
6. Kevin Stenlund, C
7. Elvis Merzlikins, G
8. Andrew Peeke, RHD
9. Calvin Thurkauf, LW
10. Kole Sherwood, RW

I think it's safe to remove Dubois, Carlsson and Milano at this point, so my current list would look something like:

1. Alexandre Texier, C
2. Kevin Stenlund, C
3. Vitaly Abramov, RW
4. Vladislav Gavrikov, LHD
5. Andrew Peeke, RHD
6. Elvis Merzlikins, G
7. Emil Bemstrom, C/LW
8. Calvin Thurkauf, C/LW
9. Jonathan Davidsson, LW
10. Sam Vigneault, C

I have no idea how to separate the non-Elvis goalies so I didn't try. Gun to my head I'd go Tarasov-Thome-Kivlenieks but the reverse of that makes just as much sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad