Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Markus Nutivaara signs extension (4 years, $2.7M AAV)

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Great deal. I'm sure he could have signed a lesser 1 year deal and hoped to build off of this year, then get a fair bit more.

There is a lot of potential for this contract to be a steal and very low risk if he slides into a #6 or 7 D position as even a solid 6th D makes about $2M per season now.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
They can't all be Justin Braun.
Just to be clear, we're very happy with Braun's deal. This is an awesome deal for the Blue Jackets. Got him signed to an excellent cap hit for a good bit of term. He could be in for a big raise, but worry about that when the time comes. It's a great deal now.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I wouldn't take this post seriously based on the obvious Kyrpät (That isn't the team name AND it means 'Oulu's D1cks/D0uchebags' and is even spelled wrong). Somehow he also draws a line between Matthews, Laine and Puljujärvi for no reason at all.

He was a solid defender who got the 1st pass through with the occasional contribution on offense. He was solid and didn't get into trouble himself defensively.
Seems like he's proceeding to become a similar type player in the NHL. Steal of a contract if he adds more offensive stats without sacrificing defensive play.
Fairly certain the poster you quoted was previously banned and has made a new account. Shouldn't be long before he/she is outta here.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
and Vlasic's play style often compares to Bobby Orr. You see, I can make pointless comparisons between two hockey players as well. But I've already gone over how criminally overrated Slavin is on threads about him. No need to derail this thread further.

Slavin > Vlasic...easily.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I think this is a pretty amazing deal. Puck-moving, good transition defensemen are at a premium. Was expecting quite a bit more.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Jackets board regulars strongly suspect that said poster is a guy who used to insist Nutivaara was the best blueliner in the CBJ system (yes, even with Werenski and Jones in the fold) and who absolutely hated Puljujarvi, to the point that it may have led to a ban.

If that poster comes up with a reverential mention of "the Leading One" at some point, then we'll have confirmation.

I'm fairly certain he didn't say anything about Nutivaara being better than Jones.

He was also mocked time and time again for saying that Dubois over Puljujarvi was a GREAT pick. Pretty ridiculous that people can be banned for having a strong opinion that goes against the "message board hockey experts" groupthink and their mod army. Been there when I was literally mocked and banned for saying Johansen would or should be traded, and told that it would NEVER happen.

Its interesting to see the CBJ fans hyping up Nutivaara while still attempting to belittle the 1 guy who originally hyped him up. And Dubois is on a whole different level than Puljujarvi also.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I'm fairly certain he didn't say anything about Nutivaara being better than Jones.

He was also mocked time and time again for saying that Dubois over Puljujarvi was a GREAT pick. Pretty ridiculous that people can be banned for having a strong opinion that goes against the "message board hockey experts" groupthink and their mod army. Been there when I was literally mocked and banned for saying Johansen would or should be traded, and told that it would NEVER happen.

Its interesting to see the CBJ fans hyping up Nutivaara while still attempting to belittle the 1 guy who originally hyped him up. And Dubois is on a whole different level than Puljujarvi also.
It's weird you were banned for anything RyJo related. Not saying you weren't or anything like that but I'm pretty sure I made a really bad impression of myself for being extremely anti Johanson and still am but I never even was so much as warned for it. I don't know why Tulip got banned either that just seems weird he was not offensive just crazy.

Yes he was right about Nuti and Pool party but that didn't make 98% of what he said any less crazy. It was the great one talk that was mocked not as much the Nuti stuff. He thought of Nuti what I think of Gavrikov. I just think he's been gone so long you might not remember the 7 paragraph great one posts.

Reactions: hardkorejackets

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Nutivaara's breakthrough show took place in the SM-liiga play-offs, in perhaps the best defensive group of the whole league for [mod]. So it wasn't that miraculous trajectory given that already before the draft he was positioned very high in the European game, similar to Matthews and Laine and unlike Puljujärvi who didn't take that final step to stardom.

The comparison between Matthews, Laine, Nutivaara and Puljujärvi is that three of those names played their breakthrough season for the best teams in Europe during the draft year and especially in the play-offs. Puljujärvi didn't rise to such role in a very good team despite the enormous hype and hubris surrounding the pick. Could have very well been for the best if he also would have been given time in Europe to try and shape his play to that status of a top-3 pick.

I'm very glad you brought this up. I, for one, had no idea how terrible of a player Puljujarvi was/is, and how lucky the Blue Jackets, the Jets, and really every team that aren't the Edmonton Oilers are for not taking him in 2015.

You should post about this in, like, every thread to ensure those who are ignorant of the disgrace that is Puljujarvi are forthwith enlightened.

And even if that guy is a good 3rd pairing dman, that's still an excellent deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad