OT: CBJ Lounge XXI (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
The past two days 270 has been a death trap. Think 3-4 ppl have unfortunately passed away due to it. The traffic that the wreck on 270 S caused I have never seen before.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I have nobody else to ***** about this to right now and I'm so ****ing pissed. When I moved to NC I moved into the basement apartment of my parents friends, also my boss. Except it's not exactly an apartment because I don't have my own dedicated entrance (well it does but it's around back and down a hill and not easy to come and go from). I come and go through their front door. And my doors don't lock, because it's never actually made the full transition from finished basement that happens to have a bathroom and kitchen to apartment. All this would be fine if there wasn't a workroom, not part of my living space and very much apart of the guy upstairs daily routine. It has an outside entrance accessible from the deck. But does he use it? No. He comes and goes through my place with only a cursory knock that he never waits for a response after to come in. I pay ****ing rent even though we don't have a formal lease and I'm entitled to my privacy but for 5 months I've held my tongue because it's his house and he's my boss and my parents friend but tonight was it. I'm in bed with the lights off trying to go to sleep and he comes in at 12:45. I'm so ****ing mad right now. Who the **** does he think he is? This is my place. He's lucky I haven't put locks on. I'm talking to him tomorrow. I was almost asleep and now it's 1.5 hours later and I'm wide awake and pissed. Anyway thanks for listening board.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I have nobody else to ***** about this to right now and I'm so ****ing pissed. When I moved to NC I moved into the basement apartment of my parents friends, also my boss. Except it's not exactly an apartment because I don't have my own dedicated entrance (well it does but it's around back and down a hill and not easy to come and go from). I come and go through their front door. And my doors don't lock, because it's never actually made the full transition from finished basement that happens to have a bathroom and kitchen to apartment. All this would be fine if there wasn't a workroom, not part of my living space and very much apart of the guy upstairs daily routine. It has an outside entrance accessible from the deck. But does he use it? No. He comes and goes through my place with only a cursory knock that he never waits for a response after to come in. I pay ****ing rent even though we don't have a formal lease and I'm entitled to my privacy but for 5 months I've held my tongue because it's his house and he's my boss and my parents friend but tonight was it. I'm in bed with the lights off trying to go to sleep and he comes in at 12:45. I'm so ****ing mad right now. Who the **** does he think he is? This is my place. He's lucky I haven't put locks on. I'm talking to him tomorrow. I was almost asleep and now it's 1.5 hours later and I'm wide awake and pissed. Anyway thanks for listening board.

His house or not, you have a right to privacy. Get a lock. Might help, too, if you use your own entrance at the rear, even if it's inconvenient. Would help establish separation.

Now get some sleep!

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
His house or not, you have a right to privacy. Get a lock. Might help, too, if you use your own entrance at the rear, even if it's inconvenient. Would help establish separation.

Now get some sleep!

I talked to him about it this morning and his response was "I mean it's kind of a pain in the ass but I guess I can do that." I was thinking you know what's a pain in the ass is me being woken up at 12:30 by you barging into my space that I pay rent for. Whatever. This kind of personality is just who he is but he said he will use the outside entrance from now on. I'm still annoyed but at least I'm not window shopping on Zillow anymore.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I talked to him about it this morning and his response was "I mean it's kind of a pain in the ass but I guess I can do that." I was thinking you know what's a pain in the ass is me being woken up at 12:30 by you barging into my space that I pay rent for. Whatever. This kind of personality is just who he is but he said he will use the outside entrance from now on. I'm still annoyed but at least I'm not window shopping on Zillow anymore.

Yeah that's not cool. Glad you spoke up. Honestly, I'm surprised you even had to; any reasonable person should know better. I don't like the sounds of your boss.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
I can't imagine how awkward it would be in a living situation like that. It seems like something I'd see on Arrested Development.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Yeah that's not cool. Glad you spoke up. Honestly, I'm surprised you even had to; any reasonable person should know better. I don't like the sounds of your boss.

His wife is a sweetheart and I adore her. His daughter (who is buying the business so is technically my boss) is like my long-lost twin. It's just him. He and my dad met in college and have been buddies ever since. He has a lot of great qualities, it's just his bad ones are really annoying and I both work with and live with him. As long as he stays out of the basement from here on out my life will be 100% better.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Plans for the revamping of North Market were just announced, and, um...

tower-8.jpg

...I dunno about y'all, but that tower, while certainly pretty, doesn't exactly say "farmer's market" to me.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina

I know this was a couple of weeks ago but just curious if you got it all straightened out. And welcome to NC, where abouts are you?

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I know this was a couple of weeks ago but just curious if you got it all straightened out. And welcome to NC, where abouts are you?

I think we've finally got everything all straight. He hasn't set foot in my place (at least while I'm there, I tend to think that if I'm not there such as this weekend when I'm home for a visit he still takes the easiest route to his shop) since I talked with him. Honestly one of the funniest things about all this is I got another cat in February, which he would give me **** for but be ok with, but even after all the times he came through he hasn't noticed. Now to be fair Purcy looks a lot like one of my others, only smaller, but after 1.5 months you'd think he'd figure it out.

And thanks! I'm in Charlotte, right on Lake Wylie, and I love it. It's so gorgeous.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
It's been great posting here folks, but I expect to be given a lifetime ban from this site any minute now (it's the price I must pay for speaking my mind to those in charge here at HF). Best Wishes to all of you.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
It's been great posting here folks, but I expect to be given a lifetime ban from this site any minute now (it's the price I must pay for speaking my mind to those in charge here at HF). Best Wishes to all of you.

This board reminds me of a suburb which has little character -- I don't think you are missing much.

Best of luck to you going forward.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I am ashamed to admit that I had to play the song before I understood the signficance of your post...
LOL - have not seen so much commotion over an event that bamboozled our ancestors but has a ready scientific explanation (and a full eclipse to be seen in northern Ohio in 2024).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->