Rumor: CBJ have initiated contract extension talks with Jack Johnson

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I lost all trust in Portzline years ago and I'd suggest the rest of you do the same. He reports more false stories and gets beat to more stories about the CBJ then any writer associated with any team.

Could be a sign and trade or could be legit talks to resign one of their vet guys who is huge for the locker room. But the chances of resigning and staying are highly unlikely because we just won't pay what he likely wants. 4 mil for like 3 years wouldn't be bad but he will want something like 5x5 likely which we can't do.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Is "used to be" the one being 're-signed" or is it Jack Johnson? Otherwise your comment is irrelevant.
The post said should never be used in the same sentence. That would be false because saying he used to be is accurate... thus proving the post wrong... ta da

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
The post said should never be used in the same sentence. That would be false because saying he used to be is accurate... thus proving the post wrong... ta da
You obviously can't read. What he used to be isn't relevant. The player you're signing is what he is now. period. ta da (or are you signing Gretzky for 15M next?)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You obviously can't read. What he used to be isn't relevant. The player you're signing is what he is now. period. ta da (or are you signing Gretzky for 15M next?)
Let me quote it so it isn't so hard for you...
The name “Jack Johnson” and the words “top defenseman” should never be used in the same sentence. Ever.
does it say from now on? Does it say currently you shouldn't say it? Seems like one of us can read while the other is good at... being wrong and typing angily...

If it said Gretzky and greatest should never be used in the same sentance would you argue that's wrong because he can't play right Now? Stop looking for an argument where there is non. JJ and top defenseman can easily be used in the same sentance and indeed be true. Because he WAS one... Just not now.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Let me quote it so it isn't so hard for you... does it say from now on? Does it say currently you shouldn't say it? Seems like one of us can read while the other is good at... being wrong and typing angily...

If it said Gretzky and greatest should never be used in the same sentance would you argue that's wrong because he can't play right Now? Stop looking for an argument where there is non. JJ and top defenseman can easily be used in the same sentance and indeed be true. Because he WAS one... Just not now.
then just maybe you shuld quote the post yure referring to and not mine like you did

it would help people understand you

as far as his future salary is concerned his former play level IS irrelevant only his current level does

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Oddly, I think the only way they extend JJ is by moving Savard or another salary. Savard is a RHD and probably offers more value as he's signed for 3 more years but this would be a head scratcher. CBJ has Nuutivara, Carlsson, Murray and Gavrikov with top 4 upside or readiness. All are younger (Add in Kukan for bottom pair as well) as well. I would think the signing suggestion would have to be a way to maintain a little leverage for value in a move. Find out what he wants, see if Team A will sign him and offer a better return... :dunno:

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
QLomV_s-200x150.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
"No contract extensions talk yet? FINE! I wanna be traded!"

"Fine! ...hey, NHL! Boy-o over here is available. 1st rounder takes him!"

*crickets*

"2nd?"

*crickets*

"Jack...buddy ol pal! Let's talk extension."

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The name “Jack Johnson” and the words “top defenseman” should never be used in the same sentence. Ever.

Except for being a top pair defender for years. 100% not any more but he certainly used to be.
Is "used to be" the one being 're-signed" or is it Jack Johnson? Otherwise your comment is irrelevant.

Let me quote it so it isn't so hard for you... does it say from now on? Does it say currently you shouldn't say it? Seems like one of us can read while the other is good at... being wrong and typing angily...

then just maybe you shuld quote the post yure referring to and not mine like you did

it would help people understand you

as far as his future salary is concerned his former play level IS irrelevant only his current level does
The exact order of conversation... I did quote that post not you... You quoted my post... I quoted you back and from there it was only us. Just admit you either read wrong or were wrong and move on... not one of my post or the original post had anything to do with future anything. Take responsibility and move on because there isn't a way you come out correct here.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
The exact order of conversation... I did quote that post not you... You quoted my post... I quoted you back and from there it was only us. Just admit you either read wrong or were wrong and move on... not one of my post or the original post had anything to do with future anything. Take responsibility and move on because there isn't a way you come out correct here.

Dude. Stop tagging me please. This is old news. Just end it. Simple.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Tonight will more than likely be the last time JJ suits up for the Jackets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->