(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
i66vhlN.gif

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
For those not paying attention, Johnson's trade request was related to not being offered a contract extension. Could be a bluff by Jarmo to raise his price, or could be a sign that another CBJ defenseman (Murray, Savard, Nutivaara) has drawn trade interest and CBJ wouldn't want to lose two big pieces of the D this year.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I think he'd be happy to stay. But he has no choice other than to go where the money is.

CBJ needs to pay up, or these talks will go nowhere.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
The more likely scenario is they investigated and found that no one was willing to give up anything near a first and decided to keep the asset rather than lose it for less than they think it's worth

Which is a mature way of reacting

Jan 21, 2018
Hey tell the media we got offered a 1st to draw up interest

Damn, still no interest in JJ? Guess we'll just re-sign him.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
"TRADE ME"

"But what do you want on your next contract?"
The reason he requested a trade was because we weren't offering him anything. If the rumors are true and we want to extend him, he would presumably rescind the trade request. He's bankrupt, he just wants to get paid.

That said, let's not sign him please.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Sign and trade?

Thinking if he wants overpayment he should go to Detroit so he could serve as their top defenseman during the rebuild.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Sign and trade?

Thinking if he wants overpayment he should go to Detroit so he could serve as their top defenseman during the rebuild.

The name “Jack Johnson” and the words “top defenseman” should never be used in the same sentence. Ever.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The name “Jack Johnson” and the words “top defenseman” should never be used in the same sentence. Ever.
Except for being a top pair defender for years. 100% not any more but he certainly used to be.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Non-Story by Portzline.

If CBJ can't get value for him at TDL, they will attempt to extend him rather than losing him for nothing.

Granted, plenty fans would be happy just taking the cap space. But CBJ asset management dictates they have to at least field offers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad