CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part XI

Daisy Ridley

Feb 28, 2018
Tribe in extra innings. Ohtani with another HR for the Angels. It would be a shame to get a L on a Kluber start.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Wow... It's been a while since I watched the Reds... Wow does their broadcast crew look rough these days.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
upload_2018-4-20_8-41-37.jpeg

RIP

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Connie Mack couldn't win 50 games a year with this Reds Roster

entire front office should have been canned

Price will go to another organization and get a World Series Ring, watch

I thought that the Reds were turning the corner last year. They had plenty of offense and I was hoping that the pitching staff would take another step. It did. But unfortunately it was backwards. The offense has been poor as well. The loss of Cozart hurt as has the injury to Suarez. Duvall couldn't hit a t ball so far this season and Votto is a traditional slow starter. Billy Hamilton is, well, Billy Hamilton-awful.

When Walt Jocketty came over in 2008 fans, some Cardinals fans warned of impending doom. They were dead on. While the Reds records were fine (they should have won a playoff series in 2012-thanks Dusty, you moron) for the first 5 years, that was due to the already assembled roster and prospects who were in the pipeline pre Jocketty.

Since the Jocketty-driven roster came of age, they've been south of dreadful.

Best of luck to Bryan Price. He's 55 and he may never get another shot at managing in the majors, but he did the best that he could while with the Reds.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Lebron is amazing. Even if you don’t watch basketball, he’s a generational talent. A real pleasure to watch. The gray hairs don’t like him for personal reasons, but he’s something else.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Admittedly I hated LeBron after 2010. He was the very reason I became a Cavs fan as a kid, and when he left I wanted him to never win, actively hated on him, and cheered against him at every turn even though he is and was a great person. Even when he returned to the Cavs (I stayed with the Cavs rather than leave like 90% of other Cavs 'fans' in Columbus) I didn't forgive him immediately, but all would be forgiven if he won a title. He did. Now, its hard for me not to call him the best player to ever play. What a monster.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
The reffing was atrocious as usual , but man JR, WTF were you doing?
FT are really hard apparently, right George?
Sigh... 51 point...

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Big Ten released an early football TV schedule. They insist on keeping the UM-OSU game at noon, but they can get real ratings at night. When will the conference realize this?

Is it possible it does realize it but has opted to keep it in its traditional spot? Or is the only possible explanation that they don’t realize it?

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Refs handed the game to Warriors. But yeah, Cavs still could and probably should have won that in regulation.

If the Cavs were to lose this series in seven games, where would JR's screwup last night rank among past fails, i.e. Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, etc.?

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
If the Cavs were to lose this series in seven games, where would JR's screwup last night rank among past fails, i.e. Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, etc.?

It's hard for me to come up with a bigger mental flop. How do you not know the score in that situation??

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Is it possible it does realize it but has opted to keep it in its traditional spot? Or is the only possible explanation that they don’t realize it?

I seem to recall that all OSU home games once kicked off a 1pm on Saturday so that anyone in Ohio, no matter where they lived, could get to the game and home in one day. That was back in the days when they gave a damn about their fans and had not yet totally sold out for $$$$

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->