CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part XI

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
If the Browns want to ever be competitive they need to leave the NFL and have the ownership form a minor league with the Browns as the flagship franchise. The other teams in the league would be made of players who cannot get onto an NFL roster.

The league's other teams could be based in Birmingham, Louisville, Orlando, San Antonio, San Diego, Oklahoma City (Norman) and Memphis. It would operate during the summer.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
If you aren't flipping to the basketball Buckeyes during CBJ timeouts, you may want to do so (channel 10 in C-Bus).

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Alabama's comeback was amazing. A kid who'd never taken a snap gets it done.

Congrats to Sabin and his 6th National Championship.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Unfortunately this accomplishment will overshadow his polio vaccine...:sarcasm: :laugh:

I've missed your groaners. This one was especially groanful.

Albert Sabin talked at my college commencement. Boring would be a polite way of describing his speech.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Brady and Belichick going for SB win #6. How insanely good is that?

In terms of excitement, this year's game can't top last year's. Can it?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Brady and Belichick going for SB win #6. How insanely good is that?

In terms of excitement, this year's game can't top last year's. Can it?

I'd say it did. Last play Hail Mary, ball bouncing around...Nick Foles did a helluva job...Brady did too...did they outlaw defense...Eagles running backs are monsters...other than the Giants win the Super Bowl years the last 2 were my favorites.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So the Cavs just traded half of their roster today as it's Trade Deadline day. The deadline ends at 3PM EST.

In:

George Hill, Rodney Hood, Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr

Out:

Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Channing Frye, Derrick Rose, Iman Shumpert, Dwyane Wade, CLE 1st Round Pick

In essence, the Cavs trade Kyrie Irving for Ante Zizic and the Brooklyn 1st round pick. What a disaster.

PG: Clarkson, Hill, Calderon
SG: Hood, Smith, Osman
SF: James, Green, Korver
PF: Love, Nance Jr
C: Thompson, Zizic

Last edited:

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
So the Cavs just traded half of their roster today as it's Trade Deadline day. The deadline ends at 3PM EST.

In:

Out:

Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Channing Frye, Derrick Rose, Iman Shumpert, Dwyane Wade, CLE 1st Round Pick

In essence, the Cavs trade Kyrie Irving for Ante Zizic and the Brooklyn 1st round pick. What a disaster.

PG: Clarkson, Hill, Calderon
SG: Hood, Smith, Osman
SF: James, Green, Korver
PF: Love, Nance Jr
C: Thompson, Zizic

That team MIGHT be better for the remainder of the year, but holy moly they are going to be garbage beyond that. (Also worth noting they helped the Lakers clear cap space for next season and beyond by getting Clarkson and Nance). That Irving trade (which looked slightly defensible/understandable at the time) is a trash fire now.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
In:

Out:

Literally have even heard of like three of those players, and two only because they're either named for or (I'm assuming) the offspring of a player I've heard of. (Oops, Rose, so four.)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
That team MIGHT be better for the remainder of the year, but holy moly they are going to be garbage beyond that. (Also worth noting they helped the Lakers clear cap space for next season and beyond by getting Clarkson and Nance). That Irving trade (which looked slightly defensible/understandable at the time) is a trash fire now.

Yeah, I think they improved their roster for the rest of this season. Nance is a good defender. Clarkson is also capable and will be getting better looks than he had in LA, so maybe he can improve is dismal outside shooting. Losing Crowder, IT, and Rose are additions in themselves as they were all team cancers. I think they will regret losing Frye though, just for the locker room and I guess the Warriors might pick him up off waivers.

I'll say this, I think the Cavs actually improved their roster for the future too. Hill can play and has term, Clarkson and Nance are a youngish pieces, and Hood is a young player who can grow in a bigger role. If the Cavs can strike gold and win the lottery for the right to draft Trae Young, which is exactly what they need, then LeBron's decision could really help the Cavs either continue to contend for titles, or get the rebuild off to a great start.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Literally have even heard of like three of those players, and two only because they're either named for or (I'm assuming) the offspring of a player I've heard of. (Oops, Rose, so four.)

Thomas is named for Isiah Thomas (first name is spelled differently), Nance Jr. is Larry Nance's son.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Yeah, I think they improved their roster for the rest of this season. Nance is a good defender. Clarkson is also capable and will be getting better looks than he had in LA, so maybe he can improve is dismal outside shooting. Losing Crowder, IT, and Rose are additions in themselves as they were all team cancers. I think they will regret losing Frye though, just for the locker room and I guess the Warriors might pick him up off waivers.

I'll say this, I think the Cavs actually improved their roster for the future too. Hill can play and has term, Clarkson and Nance are a youngish pieces, and Hood is a young player who can grow in a bigger role. If the Cavs can strike gold and win the lottery for the right to draft Trae Young, which is exactly what they need, then LeBron's decision could really help the Cavs either continue to contend for titles, or get the rebuild off to a great start.

To clarify my "might," I think the Cavs' ceiling before today was losing to the Celtics, Rockets or Warriors, with a floor of possibly being upset by a feisty underdog. I think their ceiling now is still losing to the Celtics, Rockets or Warriors with a floor of probably not being upset.

As for next season, I was being too hard. I do like Nance Jr. I like Hood though he can't stay healthy and is inconsistent. (Reminds me of Jeff Green of a few years ago in that he can look like a world beater at points but not enough to mean much in the long run albeit at a different position). Clarkson is ok. I think Hill is old and busted. Can't stay healthy. That is a better group that the disinterested and aged pack of players they sent out. These guys will at least try. Hard to see either this version or the other version as a playoff team without LeBron though.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
new Clippers alternate caps (appear to be replacing the royal blue and red caps - although the latter seems likely to remain the bp cap), the one on the right seems to suggest the Clippers may be doing an "Indians" uniform like the Monsters' "Jackets" uniforms.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
new Clippers alternate caps (appear to be replacing the royal blue and red caps - although the latter seems likely to remain the bp cap), the one on the right seems to suggest the Clippers may be doing an "Indians" uniform like the Monsters' "Jackets" uniforms.

I like the tomahawk “C” on the Clippers cap and would like to see it return in Cleveland, too. It has so much more character and is so much more recognizable than the current block “C.”

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
9 of 10 OSU wrestlers in the quarterfinals at the NCAA national championships and the Buckeyes have a pretty solid lead in the team standings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->