GDT: cbj @ ana 7pm, reinforcement edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Grant has done so much more than asked of him on the ice. I hope Carlyle is coming around on him, because he has been really great for us.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
4 days off.

I think he's giving it all out there, but you can tell the conditioning is not there yet.

I don't think it is his conditioning. He is still not 100%. He hasn't regained his first step acceleration yet. After watching him tonight, he looked like he is still in pain as he battles to get off the ice. The Ducks should shut him down for the season (unless he has a miraculous March in rehab) and have Grant take over his ice time. I'm sure we have better options than Kesler playing at 75%.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I don't think it is his conditioning. He is still not 100%. He hasn't regained his first step acceleration yet. After watching him tonight, he looked like he is still in pain as he battles to get off the ice. The Ducks should shut him down for the season (unless he has a miraculous March in rehab) and have Grant take over his ice time. I'm sure we have better options than Kesler playing at 75%.

I don't think we do when were battling for the playoff spot. If we were out then I'd be all for it but I don't see how management could possibly do they when we're sitting in 8th place

Reactions: McDonald19

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Poor game and poor past month in general. That worries me.
He has only been playing poorly since they moved him away from Lindholm, just like how Fowler was consistently playing poorly with Bieksa but now is playing much better.

In my opinion fans consistently overrate d when they have good partners and underrate them when they have weak partners. I do it as well. Just a consistent observation I see that a lot of people dont factor in or downright disagree with.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Yeah it’s one thing for him to look bad when baby sitting a rookie, but another when he’s paired with Hampus (who hasn’t been great either) and looks like ass.
we're they paired together the whole night? I thought it was just for a few shifts.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
I don't think we do when were battling for the playoff spot. If we were out then I'd be all for it but I don't see how management could possibly do they when we're sitting in 8th place

I agree with you that management won't do it and Kesler won't agree to it, but maybe they should. Kesler is not contributing offensively, and I don't know if others could perform his current defensive role as well as he can at the moment.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I actually thought kesler was good last night....before I agree though.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
K finally watched the rest of the game.

That was fowlers best game in a while maybe all season... he made great passes, good on the rush, and had a much better shot selection.... moved around a bit more on the powerplay also... only flaw really was calvert walking around him which didn't cost him(and perry walked werenski later so it canceled). Gibson has been Steller all season long, easily our teams mvp. Cogs finally scored on a breakaway, manson looked pretty meh outside of his breakaway. I didn't notice lindholm/pettersson too much. I thought Montour had a pretty good game, joined the rush a bit and was creating a little offensively... I' still think RC holds him back a bit.

All and all it was a good win for us, and I like the team sticking up for cogliano... weve seen a bit more of that as of late and I think that's a good thing.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
K finally watched the rest of the game.

That was fowlers best game in a while maybe all season... he made great passes, good on the rush, and had a much better shot selection.... moved around a bit more on the powerplay also... only flaw really was calvert walking around him which didn't cost him(and perry walked werenski later so it canceled). Gibson has been Steller all season long, easily our teams mvp. Cogs finally scored on a breakaway, manson looked pretty meh outside of his breakaway. I didn't notice lindholm/pettersson too much. I thought Montour had a pretty good game, joined the rush a bit and was creating a little offensively... I' still think RC holds him back a bit.

All and all it was a good win for us, and I like the team sticking up for cogliano... weve seen a bit more of that as of late and I think that's a good thing.

What about Fowler's flying leap that didn't land?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
we're they paired together the whole night? I thought it was just for a few shifts.

They were together the whole night. Lindholm played very well defensively, helped cover up a lot of the mess Manson was creating.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I always feel weird playing Columbus because I know we are a chippy team to play against and my roommate always wants to watch it with me so when I see my favorite team doing something against her cousin I'm just like:

tenor.gif

Reactions: Getz2perry

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
They were together the whole night. Lindholm played very well defensively, helped cover up a lot of the mess Manson was creating.
what were the pairings? Did the finally just load up the top 4 D on 2 pairings?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
what were the pairings? Did the finally just load up the top 4 D on 2 pairings?

It was Lindholm-Manson and Fowler-Montour getting the lion's share, with Beauchemin and Pettersson together getting what was left. I think there was like one or two shifts where Beauchemin was out there without Pettersson, and I think that was after Pettersson whiffed on a pass that lead to sustained pressure by Columbus, and Anaheim taking a penalty.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
It was Lindholm-Manson and Fowler-Montour getting the lion's share, with Beauchemin and Pettersson together getting what was left. I think there was like one or two shifts where Beauchemin was out there without Pettersson, and I think that was after Pettersson whiffed on a pass that lead to sustained pressure by Columbus, and Anaheim taking a penalty.

Interesting...I've been thinking they needed to do this all season but was thinking the Lindholm Montour and Fowler Manson pairings but we know Lindholm Manson works and we are starting to see success with Fowler Montour. I have been wondering if RC didn't want to burn these guys out with minutes loading up on 2 pairings but now we are closer to the end of the season maybe he decided to switch it up. I have also cynically had the conspiracy theory he didn't want to pay Montour too much so he limited his minutes and played him with Beauch for most of the season.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

It appeared Beauchemin was playing with Fowler late in periods instead of Montour because RC doesn’t trust Montour defensively.

I was pretty happy with the pairings, only change I would make is giving Welinski a shot over Pettersson. Hopefully Carlyle keeps the top 4 as they were and keeps Beauchemin in for Bieksa.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->