Vanek Wennberg Foligno
Milano Dubinsky Bjorkstrand
Jenner Letestu Calvert

Werenski Jones
Johnson Murray
Cole Savard

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

chris kelly & jason chimera are expected to be huge boosts our lineup and turn our season around

Last edited:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
So, we keep Vermette at the deadline but still scratch him when every game is critical, our backs are to the wall, it's do or die, any one play could decide our future, our playoffs have already begun...:whaaa?: :laugh:

Reactions: Paul4587

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Outside Grant, that entire 4th line is a bunch of plugs.

I hope Kelly and Chimera play with a chip on their shoulder

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Seeing a Lindholm Bieksa pairing makes me so sad.

Same. Carlyle had one working pairing, one disaster of a pairing and one somewhat ok (depending on the night) third pairing. He changes things up and now we have one decent pairing (Fowler Montour) and two disaster pairings (the other two).

When will he just load up the top 4 and run with it? When you don’t have the depth to spread things out it’s pointless trying to do so.

Reactions: Getzmonster

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
So, we keep Vermette at the deadline but still scratch him when every game is critical, our backs are to the wall, it's do or die, any one play could decide our future, our playoffs have already begun...:whaaa?: :laugh:
Anaheim didn't really have a choice in that matter to be fair (thanks to the dumb NTC they gave out). Only 2 of Vermette's 8 team trade list were in the playoffs, and I doubt any of the 6 non-playoff teams were interested in adding a veteran 4th line center that would be an upgrade on what they have and make them a little better.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Anaheim didn't really have a choice in that matter to be fair (thanks to the dumb NTC they gave out). Only 2 of Vermette's 8 team trade list were in the playoffs, and I doubt any of the 6 non-playoff teams were interested in adding a veteran 4th line center that would be an upgrade on what they have and make them a little better.
Where did you see that? I thought he could pick 8 teams he wouldn't go to.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
Where did you see that? I thought he could pick 8 teams he wouldn't go to.
Capfriendly has him with an 8 team 'yes' list, and a sportsnet guy (I believe something Shannon) said on Twitter that out of the 8 teams on his yes list only 2 of them were playoff teams.

It's basically like that because Vermette lost his NMC (for the expansion draft), and I assume BM gave him the closet thing to a NMC that he could without it being a NMC in year 2.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Practice Lineups

Rakell Getzlaf Perry
Ritchie Henrique Kase
Silf Kesler Cogs
Grantzlaf Vermette Chimera

Fowler Montour
Lindholm Bieksa
Manson Pettersson

CBJ Lineup

Panarin Dubois Atkinson
Vanek Wennberg Foligno
Milano Dubinsky Bjorkstrand
Jenner Letestu Calvert

Werenski Jones
Johnson Murray
Cole Savard

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

chris kelly & jason chimera are expected to be huge boosts our lineup and turn our season around

Shora saying that our 4th line appears to be: Chimera-Grant-Kelly. At least Grant is in over Vermette I guess. Did take away our opportunity to have the "old as f***" line though.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'm pretty intrigued to see how the new guys play though. I mean, that fourth line has been very bad for awhile now, so a new mix is nice.

Reactions: Duck Off

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Capfriendly has him with an 8 team 'yes' list, and a sportsnet guy (I believe something Shannon) said on Twitter that out of the 8 teams on his yes list only 2 of them were playoff teams.

It's basically like that because Vermette lost his NMC (for the expansion draft), and I assume BM gave him the closet thing to a NMC that he could without it being a NMC in year 2.
I remember when he signed the deal he got some kind of partial NMC where Bob made him give up the NMC during the ED time frame. But I didn't realize it was as constrictive as that. I really though it was the other way around. What is it with Bob that he can sign good RFA deals and then lose his f***ing mind when signing over the hill vets...over and over again? :shakehead

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
I remember when he signed the deal he got some kind of partial NMC where Bob made him give up the NMC during the ED time frame. But I didn't realize it was as constrictive as that. I really though it was the other way around. What is it with Bob that he can sign good RFA deals and then lose his ****ing mind when signing over the hill vets...over and over again? :shakehead
Yeah, it really is ridiculous for a 4th line center no less, it's Vancouver during the Gilles years-esque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->