CBJ: 5 goals scored, and not a single player had more than a point

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
This is the best the CBJ have rolled 4 lines in as long as I’ve been a fan (17 years).

Everything’s clicking right now.
Big matchup against Tampa tomorrow night.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Someone is smiling..
8577536.jpg

url

Reactions: Viqsi

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I really liked that Saad, Panarin trade. Added some gritty scoring to Chicago, and some dynamic offense to Columbus. Filled needs for both teams.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Just played Columbus and Carolina and both teams play in a similar way - fast, smart and balanced. Now if someone could convince Maurice to balance the lines like those teams do....

Reactions: Viqsi

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
You gotta have the depth to be able to spread it out like that. That's the only reason the jackets can do that. They have so many young guns fighting for a spot on both offense and defense that there's someone who could likely be on the NHL team but we're forced to the minors or a healthy scratch.

The only line on the jackets that hasn't been messed with is Panarin-Wennberg-Atkinson

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Just played Columbus and Carolina and both teams play in a similar way - fast, smart and balanced. Now if someone could convince Maurice to balance the lines like those teams do....
Does Maurice line match? I know Torts doesn't, he just cycles.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Does Maurice line match? I know Torts doesn't, he just cycles.

Maurice refuses to change to the "new" NHL where you don't have role player lines and instead just create 3 or 4 lines that play hockey well. Maybe one role player line is fine, but playing the Jackets was like playing against 4 2nd lines if you know what I mean. Youth and speed on every line instead of just loading up the top 6.

I still think the Jackets need to add a high end center to contend but they have a really quick and smart team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad