CBA ---which do you prefer....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Which of these 2 scenarios would you prefer to see happen:

1. A CBA Agreement soon and everything back to "normal" (ie. entry draft for 2005,retention of RFA rights by teams,2003 unsigned must re-enter draft etc...)?

OR

2. Continued impasse drags on so that agent' go to court and get declaration that all 2005 draft eligibles,all 2003 drafted but unsigned,and all would -have-been RFA's under the old CBA,now are all declared legally free to sign with any team (once NHL allows signings again) with no retroactive NHL impingement of those players' negotiating rights to make a deal with any team?
(eg. Crosby,Thornton,Carter,Richards,etc.,can all be free to sign anywhere they choose to)?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
hawksfan50 said:

1. A CBA Agreement soon and everything back to "normal" (ie. entry draft for 2005,retention of RFA rights by teams,2003 unsigned must re-enter draft etc...)?

OR

2. Continued impasse drags on so that agent' go to court and get declaration that all 2005 draft eligibles,all 2003 drafted but unsigned,and all would -have-been RFA's under the old CBA,now are all declared legally free to sign with any team (once NHL allows signings again) with no retroactive NHL impingement of those players' negotiating rights to make a deal with any team?
(eg. Crosby,Thornton,Carter,Richards,etc.,can all be free to sign anywhere they choose to)?

You think anyone would honestly support not getting a CBA and expect them to be sane?

Lanny MacDonald*

I dunno, which would you prefer?

a) Having Bill Gates name you the sole benificiary to his estate, and then suddenly blowing his brains out.

or

b) Having your privates pulled up over your head and repeatedly kidney punched.

What a stupid question. Of course you take the kidney punching. :shakehead

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
The Iconoclast said:
I dunno, which would you prefer?

a) Having Bill Gates name you the sole benificiary to his estate, and then suddenly blowing his brains out.

or

b) Having your privates pulled up over your head and repeatedly kidney punched.

What a stupid question. Of course you take the kidney punching. :shakehead

hhahahha I would take the kidney punch.. just because I hate MS and Bill Gates

LINUX FOR LIFE BIATCH............:banana:

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
If the draft were to be rigged my guess is that he would go to Boston. It's a hotspot for sports right now and the original US NHL team. Plus Jacobs. NY/TOR would be too obvious. Boston is just right. Great metro sports city and wouldn't seem too obvious

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
nyrmessier011 said:
If the draft were to be rigged my guess is that he would go to Boston. It's a hotspot for sports right now and the original US NHL team. Plus Jacobs. NY/TOR would be too obvious. Boston is just right. Great metro sports city and wouldn't seem too obvious
Doubt it. Can't have two super-marketable centers in Boston. Who would get top billing between Sidney and Joe? I'd say Chicago (it wouldn't be as hard of a fix considering they suck of late). Sid could revitalize Chicago in a way it hasn't been since Jordan left.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I was going to basically say the same that norrisnick did...

Chicago needs a good reason to go to watch some Hawks games.

I want Sid to go to Chicago..

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Scugs said:
I was going to basically say the same that norrisnick did...

Chicago needs a good reason to go to watch some Hawks games.

I want Sid to go to Chicago..
Though I'd imagine the decision goes something like this. "Alright, we'll give you Crosby if you agree to televise your games." No sense in putting him in that market if you can't see him half the time.

fan mao rong

Feb 6, 2003
port royal , pa
Visit site
hawksfan50 said:

(
Fact is, this scenario can not happen, because that which is decided in collective bargaining will overrule what is decided by the court. If it is agreed that these players will have their rights restricted so shall it be. Especially all of the aforementioned unsigned, because "that is what unions do , they favor their members over non-members". See the Maurice Clarett decision. The freedom of restricted free agents, even the elimination of restricted free agency, would be good for the league, I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->