CBA Update- per Eklund edit: even more news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kukla

Mar 16, 2003
motown
www.kuklaskorner.com
Nothing yet to report...they went extremely late last night, and so far no one is responding to my queries...stay tuned
I wanted to quick say that our message board is thriving these days traffic wise...We have some great hockey people posting over there with great insight...visit it....[
# posted by Eklund @ 9:59 AM

Last edited:

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
no13matssundin said:
Read: Shameless unwanted advertising for a banned blog.

Just wanted to post here b4 this sucker gets locked.

Didn't Eklund's "agreement in principle" last winter ruin his credibility forever? The guy doesn't have a clue.

eSabre

Dec 14, 2002
Nashville, TN
3rdmanin.wordpress.com
pkwjr said:
Nothing yet to report...they went extremely late last night, and so far no one is responding to my queries...stay tuned
I wanted to quick say that our message board is thriving these days traffic wise...We have some great hockey people posting over there with great insight...visit it.... # posted by Eklund @ 9:59 AM[/QUOTE] :biglaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Greschner4 said:
Didn't Eklund's "agreement in principle" last winter ruin his credibility forever? The guy doesn't have a clue.

As was my understanding, but for some reason, some people think he's in the know. :dunno:

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Greschner4 said:

Ek had the news that the PA is ceasing to seek union certification 20 minutes before TSN had it

edit: i should have mentioned it was Greg Wyshynski which mentioned that Eklund broke the news first, I didn't pull it out of my ass... whether or not is accurate, to me actually it doesn't matter, because nonetheless, eklund's blog is entertaining, and its helped fans get through the lockout without going insane.. yes theres a lot of untrue rumors and a lot of opinion, but thats what it is, a blog site which his hockey rumors

http://www.sportsfanmagazine.com/sfm/articles.html?id=1672 <-- Wyshynski's article

Last edited:

WC Handy*

Greschner4 said:

Did it ruin ESPN's credibilty? The Hockey News' credibilty? EJ Hradek's credibility?

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
WC Handy said:
Did it ruin ESPN's credibilty? The Hockey News' credibilty? EJ Hradek's credibility?

lets add Bill Watters and Glenn Healy to that list as well

bbad

Feb 16, 2004
Come-on like there hasn't been anyone else on these boards who's been wrong before. I just enjoy hearing anything hockey after a year without the game and if someone can pass me any info on a possible return to watching the NHL then I'll be happy to hear it. I don't expect anyone to be right all the time as long as they are trying to pass on deceint info for all the others that share their passon for the game. But ask me again in two weeks :sarcasm: .

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
WC Handy said:

"Eklund" wrote "agreement in principle" several weeks before the final weekend.

The erroneous reports by the people you cite hurt their crediblity, but they've reported actual news for a lot of years. Eklund hasn't done anything of the sort.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
This is hardly a CBA update. This is just what Eklund likes to write in his daily dairy.

A thread title that says "CBA Update" should have some information. Not "Nothing yet to report"..

WC Handy*

nomorekids said:
Oh, well if EKLUND says it.

I hear that everything he says is suddenly true!

Last I heard attacking members of the board was against the rules. You'd think a moderator would know this better than anyone.

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
WC Handy said:
Last I heard attacking members of the board was against the rules. You'd think a moderator would know this better than anyone.

I'd hardly call that an attack...

Belgian Fan

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
WC Handy said:

That was not exactly a personal attack was it?

It's not because the blog has been granted legitimacy for discussion that everyone has to agree with what Eklund says. As long as the disagreement stays within the rules there's no problem.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
WC Handy said:

I didn't attack anyone. If Larry Brooks or Al Strachan joined, would we suddenly start pretending like we believed eveything they wrote?

It's worth noting that I award more credibility to both of them, by the way. I have no problem with Eklund the man. I have a whole heap of problems with his blog, though.

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
Well, this time Eklund is right, nothing new to report however, if they are meeting past 11 pm, I would think they are close to finishing. I bet they meet this weekend and get and agreement in principal prior to the end of the weekend.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I personally think this was a bad move by the mods, to allow his stuff to be posted as legit news.

I'm not necessarily saying he is a fraud, but that the amount of locked threads will be going up. People are always going to be disputing him.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
bcrt2000 said:
Ek had the news that the PA is ceasing to seek union certification 20 minutes before TSN had it

edit: i should have mentioned it was Greg Wyshynski which mentioned that Eklund broke the news first, I didn't pull it out of my ass... whether or not is accurate, to me actually it doesn't matter, because nonetheless, eklund's blog is entertaining, and its helped fans get through the lockout without going insane.. yes theres a lot of untrue rumors and a lot of opinion, but thats what it is, a blog site which his hockey rumors

http://www.sportsfanmagazine.com/sfm/articles.html?id=1672 <-- Wyshynski's article

I don't really take any of this too seriously (I pretty much go along with Bob McKenzie's confirmation that there's a mixture of legit stuff and unreliable stuff in the blog), but I did find a few things in this article entertaining. First of all, this to me was the funniest line in the piece:

Just so we’re all up to speed, Eklund is a blogger who has managed to turn a silly little site filled with rumors, faulty information and steaming piles of B.S. into a cottage industry of rumors, faulty information and steaming piles of B.S.

Regarding this alleged "break" of the certification story:

For example, on last Wednesday he published a “rumor†that the NHLPA has agreed to the NHL’s request that it cease seeking union certification in British Colombia. Here’s the time stamp on that news, from his blog:

posted by Eklund @ 1:48 PM
The story had already been reported on many updates on Mojo 640 Toronto long before he posted it. It was even already being discussed by posters as a legitimate news story before it emerged as a breaking "rumor" on the blog.

And this one was worth a chuckle. Considering how much time the author spends criticizing the blog's errors in spelling/grammar/typos, it's comical that one of the earliest paragraphs in his own article includes this (among other errors in the piece):
To say he’s making it all up on his blog is to miss the fact that this knucklehead someone has the hockey industry convinced that he’s an insider, and is now getting fed information from agents, players, and hockey writers.

ResidentAlien*

free0717 said:
Well, this time Eklund is right, nothing new to report however, if they are meeting past 11 pm, I would think they are close to finishing. I bet they meet this weekend and get and agreement in principal prior to the end of the weekend.

Ill take that bet.

I just can't see how they will get an agreement done prior to midnight on Sunday. Even if they did, given the level of silence lately I doubt very much that you or I would know about it.
They could possibly already have an agreement in principle, but I don't think that is gonna be good enough to warrant a PC. It smells more like they will wait until they have all i's crossed and T's dotted before we hear anything official.

Until that happens, it could still do a Burkie and fly South.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Everybody has to stop...these are the best hockey message boards and don't deserve this nonsense crap.

Eklund, you obviously haven't been able to prove to everyone here that your legit. I believe that you have some credibility, but your going to need to prove it. If you have a story which is real and credible, post it here, otherwise keep it to your site.

As for everybody else, don't start threads with Eklund news anymore. Leave it to Eklund himself because I'm pretty sure the guy is aware he's not winning any popularity contests on these boards. If he has a very credible, solid story, he will post a thread here. Hell, we would all be happy to hear what inside stuff you have, but don't BS us trying to be some memeber of the media and having the first story so you can say it's yours first. We don't like the media very much this year (minus bob mckenzie, your the man) I'm sure the man wants to prove he's legit, so let's allow him and only him to do so.

Roger's Pancreas*

nyrmessier011 said:
Everybody has to stop...these are the best hockey message boards and don't deserve this nonsense crap.

Eklund, you obviously haven't been able to prove to everyone here that your legit. I believe that you have some credibility, but your going to need to prove it. If you have a story which is real and credible, post it here, otherwise keep it to your site.

As for everybody else, don't start threads with Eklund news anymore. Leave it to Eklund himself because I'm pretty sure the guy is aware he's not winning any popularity contests on these boards. If he has a very credible, solid story, he will post a thread here. Hell, we would all be happy to hear what inside stuff you have, but don't BS us trying to be some memeber of the media and having the first story so you can say it's yours first. We don't like the media very much this year (minus bob mckenzie, your the man) I'm sure the man wants to prove he's legit, so let's allow him and only him to do so.

Agreed this is a site for predominately for news and discussion, not rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->