• Cole Caufield

Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Matt Boldy

Votes: 120 81.6%

• Total voters

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Two very differently styled players that both came from the 2019 draft.

Boldy 12th, and Caufield 15th overall. Love the upsides of both these players!

Who do you take going forward?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Boldy and Slaf are both similar players as they are beeg and talented so Ill keep Caufield. I assume Minny fans will do the same.

Caufield is more unique but Boldy is just as good and fills more holes, I think by that definition he wins the poll.

Reactions: Eegs and wetcoast

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
For my Habs team... I will go with Cole Caufield since we just drafted Juraj Slafkovsky, Boldy and Slaf are big talented players, Cole Caufield can score 40 goals per season with his scoring instinct. This guy looks more spectacular than Alex DeBrincat...

But I understand people go with Boldy there, he is a very good hockey player and Wild are lucky to have grab him at 12 in his draft. He is a top 5 talent in 2019 draft, like Caufield.

Reactions: Eegs

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
When Caufield started lighting it up in his rookie campaign, I remember thinking not "Oh man, I wish we had Cole" but instead "how much is Boldy going to light it up?!" Glad to be proven right so far. But only so far. Boldy had a great linemate in Fiala. Let's see what he can do carrying a 2nd line.

Reactions: KevSkillz4 and Eegs

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Cole Caufield can score 40 goals per season with his scoring instinct. This guy looks more spectacular than Alex DeBrincat...

Boldy had a great linemate in Fiala. Let's see what he can do carrying a 2nd line.
I made this point in the 100-point thread: Fiala was scoring at a 56 point pace prior to Boldy's arrival. Fiala scored at 103 point pace once on the same line. I think Fiala also had a great linemate.

Agree that Caufield has DeBrincat vibes. A little harder to find a close comparison for Boldy. Maybe Rantanen, but not quite as productive. I see Boldy consistently at 65-75 points.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Boldy.

For my Habs team... I will go with Cole Caufield since we just drafted Juraj Slafkovsky, Boldy and Slaf are big talented players, Cole Caufield can score 40 goals per season with his scoring instinct. This guy looks more spectacular than Alex DeBrincat...

But I understand people go with Boldy there, he is a very good hockey player and Wild are lucky to have grab him at 12 in his draft. He is a top 5 talent in 2019 draft, like Caufield.
Yeah you definitely can't have too many big skilled guys. o_O

Reactions: TaLoN

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Found a great action shot of the two of them playing against each other in a game last year, for fans of these guys.

Screen Shot 2022-08-28 at 6.48.10 AM.png

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I have to take the upside of a guy who scored at 0.82 clip in his rookie year and is known as a tremendous overall athlete. That’s no slight at all to Caufield, he just lacks the two way ceiling of Boldy.

If Evason puts Boldy with Kaprizov, we could be talking about a 85+ point player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad