Cat to the table: Auston Matthews vs Patrik Laine

Better player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Ok Bucky, you believe what you want to believe and I'll believe the truth.
By the way. Yes there were a select few leaf fans that said Matthews was as good as McDavid. With the size ofoour fanbase there are going to be a few people with unconventional ideas But the majority of us were just saying that the gap between the two players was not as big as some believe. That's all.
As for Laine, good for him that he can score goals that's great for Winnipeg, but I'll take the the first line center that plays both ends of the ice, drives his line and can score with the best of them....and I'm pretty sure 99 percent of GMs would agree with me.

Lee or is it Mr. Majors? Let's not forget you posted that Laine was being compared to Matthews if you are going to the GM route again. When infact all that was stated was some believe he is the best player picked in 2016. No mention of Matthews, it was only in your mind. Given how Laine has passed Gretzky in most goals as a teenager, and that we are just starting to see what he is capable of. Not a hyperbolic statement is it? Laine may score 500 goals by age 29 if he doesn't miss any significant chunks of games.

As for driving lines. This has already been touched on by me, so I suggest you look at those replies. And again stylistic comparisons do not equal player comparisons. No matter if you believe this as so. If any player has been compared to Laine it has been Ovie. Not 66.

But even then, those are not entirely accurate, as the 2 really do not resemble each other. Even shot wise they do not resemble each other. One area they do, is they will win the most Rocket Richards of their era. Another plus if you like Laine here when he gets out of his teens.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Just so it's on the record. You honestly believe Laine has the potential for 110 Goals and 200 points in a season?

Probably not but it's not impossible, we are talking about generational player with best shot ever seen on NHL. Everything between 130-200 is possible.

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
Probably not but it's not impossible, we are talking about generational player with best shot ever seen on NHL. Everything between 130-200 is possible.
a) you are 14 years old, in which case it's all good man we were all little out there when we were young
b) you're completely delusional, that's rough man.
c) you're a troll. And a decent one at that as you seem to have plenty of people on the hook

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Lee or is it Mr. Majors? Let's not forget you posted that Laine was being compared to Matthews if you are going to the GM route again. When infact all that was stated was some believe he is the best player picked in 2016. No mention of Matthews, it was only in your mind. Given how Laine has passed Gretzky in most goals as a teenager, and that we are just starting to see what he is capable of. Not a hyperbolic statement is it? Laine may score 500 goals by age 29 if he doesn't miss any significant chunks of games.

As for driving lines. This has already been touched on by me, so I suggest you look at those replies. And again stylistic comparisons do not equal player comparisons. No matter if you believe this as so. If any player has been compared to Laine it has been Ovie. Not 66.

But even then, those are not entirely accurate, as the 2 really do not resemble each other. Even shot wise they do not resemble each other. One area they do, is they will win the most Rocket Richards of their era. Another plus if you like Laine here when he gets out of his teens.
Ok first off I need to give you props for knowing who my Avatar is. Well done. Lol.
Look I like Laine, I think he will score more goals then anyone in his generation. But I just think/know that while Matthews can also score at an elite leval he brings other things to the table that make him the best player of his draf.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
a) you are 14 years old, in which case it's all good man we were all little out there when we were young
b) you're completely delusional, that's rough man.
c) you're a troll. And a decent one at that as you seem to have plenty of people on the hook
You have very low standards if you consider them a decent one.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
In a sense that plenty of people actually engage in it, so he gets what he wants. Not decent as in funny. you're right though, poor choice of word on my side
:laugh: that I will never understand , same with The Weird Warrior or whatever his name is. Freud would have a field day with these types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->