Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) - Signed, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I'm tempted to ask Buff if we can make this a pop-up on our forum specifically.
I'm sure there's probably an add-on available to pin/sticky any post. If they conflict though, idk.

That would work for me.
ATO and AHL playoffs is what I've long wanted, so I'm good with that too. Summer to prep for camp with that pro experience in mind to know what he needs to work on and be as ready as he can be come September.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I mean yeah that scenario is literally the best of all worlds.

But when does that ever happen here?

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I'd rather he doesn't have another year to think about it. :laugh:

I mean that's the rub, right? I said in the Borgen thread that I think he's as good as gone. I guess what you hope for in Casey's case is that he is way too good for college by the end of next season and the idea of him staying there for 2 more years is beyond a joke.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
'my Sabres twitter source that's never wrong'

To be fair he said that last time while calling two things that happened within 24 hours.

Comparatively Paul Hamilton still couldn’t tell people the rules of burning Casey’s ELC at 430 today

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
To be fair he said that last time while calling two things that happened within 24 hours.

Comparatively Paul Hamilton still couldn’t tell people the rules of burning Casey’s ELC at 430 today
I'm not questioning the credibility of the source, I just thought that was funny.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So say he takes the ATO and confirmed contract for next year... where does he go in the lineup? Is it possible that despite occupying similar space and some similar habits to Eichel that he could mesh well with Jack? Or does he get the LW spot beside O'Reilly? Or do they try to break him in alone?

Looking at it, is there leaning toward trying him out with O'Reilly and Reinhart since he'd bring a zone entry/dangle/snipe element to LW on that line that seems redundant with Eichel? It would be an interesting spot to plug him in.

The other thought is having someone who has the sort of pace and creativity to play off Eichel in the way that LaFontaine and Mogilny complimented and accentuated one another even if they both could rush the puck and finish in tight.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
So say he takes the ATO and confirmed contract for next year... where does he go in the lineup?

Bailey/Baptiste - Mittelstadt - Erod or
Mittelstadt - Eichel - Erod or
Mittelstadt - ROR - Reinhart

are options that I'm very okay with, or if Nylander makes the team that could lead to a potential Mittelstadt - Eichel - Nylander line, which would be one of the most exciting lines in the NHL. Or Phil can go with the Mittelstadt - Larsson - Nolan 8 mins a night route, in which case I will promptly stop watching the Sabres

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
My thought was this:

Asplund, Olofsson and Mittelstadt all sign ATOs after early playoff exits, play together in Rochester, starting as a 4th line, but blossoming into the best line in the AHL on the way to the Calder cup, and the forcing their way into the lineup next season.

Does that work?

Reactions: Fearnot and Reddawg

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
My thought was this:

Asplund, Olofsson and Mittelstadt all sign ATOs after early playoff exits, play together in Rochester, starting as a 4th line, but blossoming into the best line in the AHL on the way to the Calder cup, and the forcing their way into the lineup next season.

Does that work?

Works for me!

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
My thought was this:

Does that work?
I have being dying to see Asplund make the jump. I always thought Olofsson never had a shot but maybe her turns into a decent 3rd line player.

Asplund might be Murray's best steal/pick

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
My thought was this:

Does that work?
Yes, please. Except we need to try to fully sign Olofsson just not to risk it with him with rights expiring in the summer.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
It is usually prior to their enrollment/season starting. The kids that rescind in a fashion would be transferring. However, once at the school, I'm pretty sure that's not a valid option. Just saying lol
Who said anything about players who are at school? The question was quite explicitly about recruits.

Reactions: Chainshot

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It is usually prior to their enrollment/season starting. The kids that rescind in a fashion would be transferring. However, once at the school, I'm pretty sure that's not a valid option. Just saying lol
As dot said, I’m talking about recruits not players on the team. This could impact who is coming in to the team next year.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
They usually sign to commit with the contingency that the coaching staff stays the same. If he committed in such a fashion and had the out clause, just like all basketball players do, it'd be fine.

Though there's players who 'commit' and change all the time too because they never actually signed the papers, had some BS clause, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->