Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) - Signed, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I'm watching Mittelstadt's game against Union with my morning coffee, but I paused to give you the six gifs below, up to and including his second-period goal. There'll have to be something really noteworthy in the remaining time for me to make a second post, but this should suffice in giving everyone their Mittelstadt fix.

I start with an early shift, sped up to 1.5x speed for time constraints; zone entry and cycle:

Another zone entry, followed by a backhand shot:

Manning the left point and wall on the first Gophers PP of the game:

Zone exit and zone entry, followed by a shot attempt:

Pass to Reedy for a slot one-timer on the second Gophers PP of the game:

Backhand's initially stopped, but knocks home his own rebound for the goal:

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
Kid is crazy.. I think we got the next Patty Kane and he'll be our 2nd or 3rd best player other than Eichel and possibly Ristolainen

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I also watched Mittelstadt's game against UMD from Friday night, so you can find another six gifs below, beginning with him manning the left wall on the PP, per usual, and registering a shot on goal:

Some more PP movement and winning puck battles:

Finding the open man on yet another PP and earns the primary assist here:

Joins the odd-man rush as a trailer where his shot's saved:

Coming off the left wall, his stickhandling was on display immediately following the previous gif:

His odd-man pass here is broken up by a good backcheck:

Reactions: stokes84

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Penn St - Minny could get chippy, Robinson just blasted Shierhorn. Mittelstadt set up the only decent chance for the Gophers so far in the first. Penn St. looks much better. And an obligatory "Brett Murray is freaking huge" comment too. :biglaugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
On a night where the Gophers have been largely outclassed, he's brought a bit of flair offensively. He's set the table a number of times, only to have his linemates not finish.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
It's gonna be great to have another forward that can drive play...bringing our total to two.

I think he'll be on the team next year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
CM has all sorts of talent, but what really sticks out to me is his vision, passing, and puck handling. What is hampering him with the Gophers right now is the lack of teammates who can play with him. He'll lay a pass right on their sticks and they aren't expecting it, or don't have the skills to do something with it.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
It's gonna be great to have another forward that can drive play...bringing our total to two.

I think he'll be on the team next year.
Casey has already said he's commuted to at least 2 years with the Golphers. And his parents would like him to finish all 4 years. He most likely won't be with the Sabres for 3 years minimum given his strong values.

Reactions: TheStorm

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Casey has already said he's commuted to at least 2 years with the Golphers. And his parents would like him to finish all 4 years. He most likely won't be with the Sabres for 3 years minimum given his strong values.
That reads to me as his parents don't want him on the Sabres.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
PKing during the major assessed against the Gophers, he showed some interesting awareness. He drove the PSU zone, gained it, had no play, and carried the puck back out into neutral ice. He ate up probably another 10 or 12 seconds just by not bringing it at the goalie with everyone from the Lions back. Subtle and made me take note.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe

That reads to me as his parents don't want him on the Sabres.
Hes not staying 4 years in colleague. Thats crazy talk. He is an adult now. Im tired of Buffalo paranoia. Hes not going to lose out on around 10-15 mil to stay in colleague and sign an ELC 3 years than he could.

The math is simple - sign ELC over the summer - get paid in 21-22. Go to colleague for 4 years - get paid in 23-24. A talent like him will not wait to sign his first big contract in f***ing 2023. Stop spreading needless paranoia.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Too soon to say for sure, but assuming his physical training goes well and he stays healthy, I can see him turning pro next year.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Hes not staying 4 years in colleague. Thats crazy talk. He is an adult now. Im tired of Buffalo paranoia. Hes not going to lose out on around 10-15 mil to stay in colleague and sign an ELC 3 years than he could.

The math is simple - sign ELC over the summer - get paid in 21-22. Go to colleague for 4 years - get paid in 23-24. A talent like him will not wait to sign his first big contract in ****ing 2023. Stop spreading needless paranoia.
That's not paranoia, thats a kid who would like to enjoy his time in his home state living his dream.

Go back and read everything this k8d has said, his decision to stay with his high school that last year

Your only lying to yourself if you believe for a second he'll be in Rochester or Buffalo inside of 3 years. Maybe even 4.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
That's not paranoia, thats a kid who would like to enjoy his time in his home state living his dream.

Go back and read everything this k8d has said, his decision to stay with his high school that last year

Your only lying to yourself if you believe for a second he'll be in Rochester or Buffalo inside of 3 years. Maybe even 4.
Bet he will enjoy life more competing in NHL playoffs and getting paid millions to do so. He's on our roster next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad