Carter vs. Perezoghin vs. Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewHabsEra*

Both will play in the NHL this year, both will play on an offensive line... The question is who are gonna be their linemates and how much PP time they will get.

If you can guess those questions, you will have a good indication who will get more points of the 2 this year.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Is Kaigorodov at Carters level in terms of a prospect? No he isnt, yet he is very very similiar to Perezhogin, perhaps even the better of the two.

Brown is also a great player, I cant believe how little respect he is getting in this thread.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Outside opinion

Carter and Brown have the long range potential to dominant at the NHL level. Perezogin has the chance to a nice NHL player who will put up some good offensive numbers.

Perezogin could be just another Russian offensive player who flames out in the NHL. Carter and Brown will certainly become, at least, solid NHL players.

If I was given a choice to pick up these guys I would take Carter first then Brown and then Perezogin.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
orcatown said:
Outside opinion

Carter and Brown have the long range potential to dominant at the NHL level. Perezogin has the chance to a nice NHL player who will put up some good offensive numbers.

Perezogin could be just another Russian offensive player who flames out in the NHL. Carter and Brown will certainly become, at least, solid NHL players.

If I was given a choice to pick up these guys I would take Carter first then Brown and then Perezogin.

becase they are north american :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

10 ft. pole

May 19, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
Dustin is probly going to be centered by Roenick. This will give him plenty of room to go to the net. Not to mention the fact he will knock you on your *** if you stay on the train tracks. LA is going to have three scoring lines as well. I gurantee Dustin will probly see the second or third defensive pairing every night. LA's top 9 are going to look like this.

Frolov-Demitra-Bure
Brown-Roenick-Camellarri
Robitaille-Conroy-Klatt

While Jeff has a better chance at rookie of the year. I would say Dustin has a better chance at getting his name on the cup. So take that *****es!

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
10 ft. pole said:
While Jeff has a better chance at rookie of the year. I would say Dustin has a better chance at getting his name on the cup. So take that *****es!
Yea, because we all know LA is a significantly better team then the Flyers.

10 ft. pole

May 19, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
Gags1288 said:
Yea, because we all know LA is a significantly better team then the Flyers.

match up lineups
heres LA's

Frolov-Demitra-Bure
Brown-Roenick-Camellarri
Robitaille-Conroy-Klatt
Cowan-Belanger-Avery

Norstrom-Gleason
Miller-Corvo
Visnovski-Dempsey

Garon/LaBarbara

Not too mention with this lineup we have the cap room to add guys at the deadline. We also have more call-up depth than the Flyers. Yeah thats right I said it LA will finish higher than Philly this year.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
10 ft. pole said:
match up lineups
heres LA's

Frolov-Demitra-Bure
Brown-Roenick-Camellarri
Robitaille-Conroy-Klatt
Cowan-Belanger-Avery

Norstrom-Gleason
Miller-Corvo
Visnovski-Dempsey

Garon/LaBarbara

Not too mention with this lineup we have the cap room to add guys at the deadline. We also have more call-up depth than the Flyers. Yeah thats right I said it LA will finish higher than Philly this year.
And i'm sure you're the only one with that opinion. LA is very good down the middle, the Flyers are significantly better. LA has some good young wings in Frolov, Brown, and Camallerri. They also have some washed up ones in Robitaille and Bure. The Flyers defense is significantly better, their goalie is better, and their coach is light years better. LA will be lucky to make the playoffs, the Flyers will have to be devestated by injuries to finish outside the top 4. But go on thinking that. You want the Flyers lines, have at it:

Gagne-Forsberg-Carter
Knuble-Handzus-Radivojevic
Kapanen-Primeau-Sharp/Stevenson
Brashear-Richards-Stevenson/Sharp

Johnson-Rathje
Hatcher-Pitkanen
Desjardins-Seidenberg

Esche/Nittymakki

Again, it's not really all that close and i'm sure even LA fans would agree with me there for the most part.

habs_24x

Sep 12, 2002
montreal
Visit site
orcatown said:
Outside opinion

i dont feel rating them gives them more merit. I see Carter like a poor man's Ryan Smyth and Perezhogin as a poor man's Fedorov.

McSorley 33

Feb 9, 2005
Yorba Linda, Ca
Gags1288 said:
And i'm sure you're the only one with that opinion. LA is very good down the middle, the Flyers are significantly better. LA has some good young wings in Frolov, Brown, and Camallerri. They also have some washed up ones in Robitaille and Bure. The Flyers defense is significantly better, their goalie is better, and their coach is light years better. LA will be lucky to make the playoffs, the Flyers will have to be devestated by injuries to finish outside the top 4. But go on thinking that. You want the Flyers lines, have at it:

Gagne-Forsberg-Carter

Johnson-Rathje
Hatcher-Pitkanen
Desjardins-Seidenberg

Esche/Nittymakki

Again, it's not really all that close and i'm sure even LA fans would agree with me there for the most part.

Hey dude, I'm a Kings fan and I'll be the first to tell you the Flyers are the front runners for the CUP! Have a nice a day!

:kings

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
habs_24x said:
i dont feel rating them gives them more merit. I see Carter like poor man's Ryan Smyth and Perezhogin as a poor man's Fedorov.
Jeff Carter is nothing like Ryan Smyth and his upside is much much higher then what Ryan is right now. This is not to take anything away from Smyth, but Carter's upside is more like Mats Sundin then a poor man's Ryan Smyth. The potential of these two guys really isn't that close. Carter produced at a significantly higher PPG pace in his AHL time then Perezhogin did over his full season in the AHL and Carter was younger when he did it (not to mention, he did it during playoff time). Carter is big, can skate, and has a world class arsenal of shots (especially his wrist shot). I don't think any Habs fan (in their right mind) or any person in Habs management would even hesitate if Clarke called up and offered Carter for Perezhogin.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
perezhogin before is suspension was the best player in the playoff

and perezhogin was 20 years old when he do is season at hamilton :sarcasm:

and you don't understand that , perezhogin have take like 30 match before produce ...

and i prefer see a player put great number in RSL than ahl

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
gars59 said:
and i prefer see a player put great number in RSL than ahl

Is that so? Pavel Rosa has produced at the AHL and RSL yet he doesn't have an NHL contract. Surely there has to be a team out there who would give him a good luck and an opportunity to see if he can carry his offensive production over to the NHL. One would assume a team like Washington or Minnesota that could use secondary scoring would take a chance with him, but for some reason, he hasn't been able to make most of his opportunities in the NHL under two different NHL coaches (Larry Robinson and Andy Murray). In the IHL his head coach was the current Kings assistant coach, John Van Boxmeer, and in the AHL he was coached by Bruce Boudreau.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Gags1288 said:

Gagne-Forsberg-Carter

Johnson-Rathje
Hatcher-Pitkanen
Desjardins-Seidenberg

Esche/Nittymakki

Wait for the end of the year before saying they have a better goaltender. Esche is very good but you dont know how much talent Garon has.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Flyers look rather weak on the wings. Their defense is very solid though and I don't see how the Kings would finish ahead of Philly (unless all of the Flyers top guns are out with severe injuries like most of LA's roster has been for the past two seasons).

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The idea that the Kings are as good or better than the Flyers is silly. Let's stop this and get back on topic before we get another warning from kingsjohn (who is just itching to flex his new global mod muscles, heh)...

I would say that Carter and Brown have about equal opportunity this season. They'll both be playing on top lines with very good players. Either player could outdo the other this season. I'm not all that familiar with Carter, but I would guess that Carter does slightly better than Brown if only because Brown struggled to find the back of the net in his first NHL season. Who's to say, though, that that wasn't a good learning experience and that Carter may similarly struggle in his first season? So, who knows. It'll be fun to watch the two of them, regardless. Let's just hope that they both stay healthy. It was a real shame that Brown got injured and missed 50 games in his first NHL season.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
Ziggy Stardust said:
Is that so? Pavel Rosa has produced at the AHL and RSL yet he doesn't have an NHL contract. Surely there has to be a team out there who would give him a good luck and an opportunity to see if he can carry his offensive production over to the NHL. One would assume a team like Washington or Minnesota that could use secondary scoring would take a chance with him, but for some reason, he hasn't been able to make most of his opportunities in the NHL under two different NHL coaches (Larry Robinson and Andy Murray). In the IHL his head coach was the current Kings assistant coach, John Van Boxmeer, and in the AHL he was coached by Bruce Boudreau.

oh gamache have produced very good in, ahl , it's not because he will be , the next the one

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Ziggy Stardust said:

do you mean the Ferraro brothers would have lead the NHL while they were doing nice things over there.. the facts is.. in both leagues you would find players not able to adapt to the NHL.. the point is not really there.. for both..

but Perezhogin was coming from russia in a country he didnt know with a language he didnt understand.. alone.. now just put yourself in this situation.. now.. after he adjusted.. (1/3 of the season) he started to produce like hell.. (for a rookie) he scored really close to a point per games for like the 35-40 last games, plus being by far the best player in the series for hamilton, like being said before apparently the other team was focusing on him to stop the team.. sure it doesnt mean he is a Jeff Carter.. but why in the world he couldnt be a star.. i think he could become something really good. he produced in both leagues.. got international experienced. and had success pretty much everywhere..

but to answer the main question, i think Carter may score more goals.. but honestly i dont know what will happen.. i think the hype his huge from philly.. so he may get a prime time occasion.. while in montreal.. the best Perezhogin should do is the 2nd line.. not that he cant be on the first.. hell who knows what Julien will do with him.. but i think they respect experience in montreal.. so he will have to prove on the scoresheet and with his overall play he deserves top 2line minutes.

prediction:

Carter:
top 2 lines: 24goals
other: 13goals

Perezhogin
top 2 lines: 21goals
other 12goals

Brown:
top 2 lines: 19 goals
other: 9 goals.

but of course i'm probably wrong.. :clap: :propeller

McSorley 33

Feb 9, 2005
Yorba Linda, Ca
Crusher20 said:
do you mean the Ferraro brothers would have lead the NHL while they were doing nice things over there.. the facts is.. in both leagues you would find players not able to adapt to the NHL.. the point is not really there.. for both..

but Perezhogin was coming from russia in a country he didnt know with a language he didnt understand.. alone.. now just put yourself in this situation.. now.. after he adjusted.. (1/3 of the season) he started to produce like hell.. (for a rookie) he scored really close to a point per games for like the 35-40 last games, plus being by far the best player in the series for hamilton, like being said before apparently the other team was focusing on him to stop the team.. sure it doesnt mean he is a Jeff Carter.. but why in the world he couldnt be a star.. i think he could become something really good. he produced in both leagues.. got international experienced. and had success pretty much everywhere..

but to answer the main question, i think Carter may score more goals.. but honestly i dont know what will happen.. i think the hype his huge from philly.. so he may get a prime time occasion.. while in montreal.. the best Perezhogin should do is the 2nd line.. not that he cant be on the first.. hell who knows what Julien will do with him.. but i think they respect experience in montreal.. so he will have to prove on the scoresheet and with his overall play he deserves top 2line minutes.

prediction:

Carter:
top 2 lines: 24goals
other: 13goals

Perezhogin
top 2 lines: 21goals
other 12goals

Brown:
top 2 lines: 19 goals
other: 9 goals.

but of course i'm probably wrong.. :clap: :propeller

Saying your numbers are true, and if they are I'd be happy as a Brown fan, they all are great players. I'd be excited to have any of them.

:kings

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
Carter was a point a game player in the AHL playoffs. I could easliy seeing him knotch 60 points with decent line mates in Philly. As a habs fan I can also easily say that Carter is a much beter prospect than Perezhogin.

Perezhogin played Pro last season and put up great numbers in the RSL, which is even a lower scoring league than the NHL. With him playing with Ribeiro, he should get at least 20 goals and 50 points.

Brown is more of a 2 way forward with decent upside, but really a pure sniper like Carter and Perezhogin. He should have, at the very least a 15 goal, 40+ point season in his rookie year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad