Carter vs. Perezoghin vs. Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I guess lost in this thread is Dustin Brown. very solid player. I saw enough of him in Manchester to know that he is going to be a very solid player in LA for years to come. He is a warrior who will skate thru a wall to score a goal. He also has a ton of heart. He is going to be missed in Manchester for sure,

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
perezhogin play versus nhl player in te lock out , carter did not

and i think that the fist line of philly will be

gagne-forsberg-knuble

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
ClarkeMustGoDotCom said:
Jeff Carter was a man amongst boys at times during the AHL playoffs. So I really dont know if we can even say that Perezoghin is more mature or not.

Perezhogin was a man amongst boys the whole second half of the AHL season and in the playoffs, he was one of the AHL's best players that year after the all star break...not to mention the numbers he's put up in the RSL, a better league than the AHL...

15 goals and 18 assists for 33 points in 43 games...that's more than alot of NHL'ers had in the RSL last year, and more than other highly touted prospects like Alexander Semin...

I'm not criticizing Carter as much as i'm just bringing more knowledge to the fan who knows little about Perezhogin

SerialSeb

Sep 1, 2005
Where hockey lives!
Perezhogin by far as the best chance of gettin the most points.
He ,unlike Carter which as only been playing junior, as actually played pro hockey in the RSL and has been very good.

33 points in 43 games and the RSL is a much lower scoring league then the NHL.

So unless Carter gets carried by is linemates I don't think i'll go over 40 points.

Perez should be able to hit 60 points no problem but again he would need to be with a good centre and Ryder and Kovalev have the best cnetres so Perez would get stuck with Bonk??? taking Sundstrom place. Cause it would be a waste to see him play on the 4th line

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
SerialSeb said:
He ,unlike Carter which as only been playing junior, as actually played pro hockey in the RSL and has been very good.

So unless Carter gets carried by is linemates I don't think i'll go over 40 points.

Perez should be able to hit 60 points no problem but again he would need to be with a good centre and Ryder and Kovalev have the best cnetres so Perez would get stuck with Bonk??? taking Sundstrom place. Cause it would be a waste to see him play on the 4th line

Talk about expectations...

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
SerialSeb said:

Carter wont need anyone to "carry" him to produce. He is the better player, IMO.
you have your opinions and I have mine.
You put both players on each teams top 2 lines and if both players are healthy, Carter will produce more.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
ClarkeMustGoDotCom said:
Carter wont need anyone to "carry" him to produce. He is the better player, IMO.
you have your opinions and I have mine.
You put both players on each teams top 2 lines and if both players are healthy, Carter will produce more.

But does that make Carter the better player, or the fact he plays with Forsberg, and a more talented Philly lineup. All things being equal, a guy playing with Forsberg will get more points then someone with Koivu or Ribeiro. Doesn't really say who is the better player, just he's got a better situation.

This isn't a knock on either player, just reality. As players on their respective teams, i think both can be great but bring different aspects, but in best case scenarios for both players, Cartes got an edge because of Phillys top end talent.

Old Hickory

If you don't stick to the topic and don't stop attacking each other, this thread will be closed.
This is your only warning

swflyers8*

Gagne -- Forsberg -- Carter

Carter doesn't need anyone to carry him. Based on reports on the informal scrimmages they are having at the Skatezone, Carter is the guy who is standing out the most. These are the two sets of teams:

Courtesy of Wannago19 at Flyerphans:

Today at the practice rink was game number five in a series of scrimmages. The black team managed a 5-4 victory and took the series 3 games to 2. So the orange team had to buy lunch. The guys will be skating pretty much every day from now until the opening of camp. Almost everyone is back in town and those that aren't here yet will report by next Friday.

Roster for today's scrimmage:

Black team: Esche, Sharp, MacIsaac, Fedoruk, Williams, Stevenson, Carter, Seidenberg, Cote, Umberger, Desjardins, Abel, Gagne, Weinrich

Orange team: Niittymaki, Meyer, Eager, Therien, Wood, Voce, Richards, Meloche, Hope, Brashear, Kapanen, Primeau, Sim

Prettiest goal of the scrimmage was from Carter who just looks incredible out there.

Brown and Pero should have good seasons but Carter will have a better season because he is that good a player.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
GagsIsDaMan said:
With his swing I am sure he could make thier baseball team. ;)

I realize this was a faint attempt at humour, but it's soooooooooooo overdone...

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I didnt feel i was attacking anyone. If anyone feels i attacked them or I offended anyone I appologize.
I have said this allready. I dont want to discredit Perezoghin as a player, and If i did by my comments I appologize again. It is just my opinion that Jeff Carter is and will be the better player whether he is playing with Forsberg, Handzus or Primeau.
Maybe i should have not stated that Carter is in another class then Perezoghin. I was just trying to get my point across. If it bothered anyone or offended anyone again i appologize.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
gars59 said:
perezhogin play versus nhl player in te lock out , carter did not

and i think that the fist line of philly will be

gagne-forsberg-knuble

Carter led the ahl playoffs in scoring, what are you talking about.

As a neutral fan Carter is by far the best of the three prospects. Id take Brown over Perezhogin, he brings way more to the table.

Plenty of guys scored 33 poionts in 43 games in the rsl. An AHL ppg playoff pace is far better of an accomplishment.

I really think Habs fans are overating this prospect.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
bert said:
Carter led the ahl playoffs in scoring, what are you talking about.

As a neutral fan Carter is by far the best of the three prospects. Id take Brown over Perezhogin, he brings way more to the table.

Plenty of guys scored 33 poionts in 43 games in the rsl. An AHL ppg playoff pace is far better of an accomplishment.
I really think Habs fans are overating this prospect.

In Perezhogin's shortned playoff he recorded 6 pts in 5 games, and was dominant.

I think you're underrating this prospect, much like alot of people here...

I don't disagree with Carter > Perezhogin...but saying they're not in the same class is a joke

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
ClarkeMustGoDotCom said:
I didnt feel i was attacking anyone. If anyone feels i attacked them or I offended anyone I appologize.
I have said this allready. I dont want to discredit Perezoghin as a player, and If i did by my comments I appologize again. It is just my opinion that Jeff Carter is and will be the better player whether he is playing with Forsberg, Handzus or Primeau.
Maybe i should have not stated that Carter is in another class then Perezoghin. I was just trying to get my point across. If it bothered anyone or offended anyone again i appologize.

no no, we were having a discussion here, it's ok to disagree...i really didn't disagree with anything you said really...it's just your comment about Perezhogin not even being in Carter's class that threw me off...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I would take Carter over Perezhogin. Carter imo is not as skilled as Perezhogin but is better suited for the NHL. Perezhogin lacks strength and that could be a problem for him in the NHL. In Russia he can get away with not playing in such a physical league, but we'll have to see how he can handle the NHL. It's really hard to compare players to begin with and really becomes more about fans getting all worked up over nothing. It's all just opinions and none of them matter, only what they do on the ice counts.

swflyers8*

417 TO MTL said:
no no, we were having a discussion here, it's ok to disagree...i really didn't disagree with anything you said really...it's just your comment about Perezhogin not even being in Carter's class that threw me off...

If you go by the rankings on this site:

10. Jeff Carter - C - Philadelphia Flyers
Height: 6-3, Weight: 182

Carter jumps seven spots to 10th on the Top 50 list in light of his breakout season in 2004-05. In January he helped lead Team Canada’s juniors to gold while finishing in a tie for most goals in the tournament with seven. Meanwhile, in the OHL he led the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds in scoring for the third straight year and, despite his best efforts in the playoffs, they suffered a first round elimination in seven games. That early exit from junior allowed him to join the AHL’s Philadelphia Phantoms where the 20-year-old center helped the team to a Calder Cup championship. In 21 playoff games Carter led all scorers with 12 goals and 23 points as well as a third-best rating of +10. Carter will join the Flyers in 2005-06.

25. Alex Perezhogin - RW - Montreal Canadiens
Height: 6-0, Weight: 185

Many questioned the impact that Perezhogin’s actions and one-year suspension would have on his career. But his ban might have been a blessing in disguise as the young Russian made his way on Omsk Avangard third line and went on to produce 33 points in 43 games in the stacked Russian SuperLiga. Not only did he show his offensive flair, he also maintained his defensive play at a very good level. Perezhogin’s play helped him secure good ice time on the Russian national team. He couldn’t take part in the World Championships, however, healing an injury. Perezhogin could see himself in the NHL as soon as this fall.

I would say he's a lot better than Alex, sorry. :)

Habs4ever

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal, (Quebec)
Visit site
These were opinioms from hf members just like u and me they don't hold any truth

HungryforHockey25 said:

Carter jumps seven spots to 10th on the Top 50 list in light of his breakout season in 2004-05. In January he helped lead Team Canada’s juniors to gold while finishing in a tie for most goals in the tournament with seven. Meanwhile, in the OHL he led the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds in scoring for the third straight year and, despite his best efforts in the playoffs, they suffered a first round elimination in seven games. That early exit from junior allowed him to join the AHL’s Philadelphia Phantoms where the 20-year-old center helped the team to a Calder Cup championship. In 21 playoff games Carter led all scorers with 12 goals and 23 points as well as a third-best rating of +10. Carter will join the Flyers in 2005-06.

Many questioned the impact that Perezhogin’s actions and one-year suspension would have on his career. But his ban might have been a blessing in disguise as the young Russian made his way on Omsk Avangard third line and went on to produce 33 points in 43 games in the stacked Russian SuperLiga. Not only did he show his offensive flair, he also maintained his defensive play at a very good level. Perezhogin’s play helped him secure good ice time on the Russian national team. He couldn’t take part in the World Championships, however, healing an injury. Perezhogin could see himself in the NHL as soon as this fall.

only thing that sets future player from great prospects is hard work remember two years ago top three candidates for rookie of the year weren't drafted high and weren't hyped by hf staff why is that I wonder it seems like many great prospects are not even considered by this so called hockey forum community, say it what u will but as result have shown many times hfboard is proven wrong at their so called for sight for predicting future, its like lotto for them predicting crosbey is easy but after that it gets confusing for them as some like canadian, other like euroes or in the end maybe guy was just drafted to high to be considered any lower i say that with confidence as Kostitsyn from my own team is still getting hype but i won't believe it until i see it.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Habs4ever said:
only thing that sets future player from great prospects is hard work remember two years ago top three candidates for rookie of the year weren't drafted high and weren't hyped by hf staff why is that I wonder it seems like many great prospects are not even considered by this so called hockey forum community, say it what u will but as result have shown many times hfboard is proven wrong at their so called for sight for predicting future, its like lotto for them predicting crosbey is easy but after that it gets confusing for them as some like canadian, other like euroes or in the end maybe guy was just drafted to high to be considered any lower i say that with confidence as Kostitsyn from my own team is still getting hype but i won't believe it until i see it.

Could this be in the running for the annual World's Longest Sentence competition?

DBrown23*

417 TO MTL said:
In Perezhogin's shortned playoff he recorded 6 pts in 5 games, and was dominant.

I think you're underrating this prospect, much like alot of people here...

I don't disagree with Carter > Perezhogin...but saying they're not in the same class is a joke
if your gonna talk about playoff's how about Browns
7 points in 6 games including 5 goals?

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
HungryforHockey25 said:

Ryder
Hunter
Raycroft

Those were the players in hunt for the Calder trophy.

How many were on the HF top 50?

Taking HF rankings as an argument proves you have nothing to say.

Personally, I would take Carter in front of Perezhogin, but to say he's a lot better when they havent played a single NHl game and have proven about the same is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad