Proposal: Carter & Vilardi to the Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Met

Nov 8, 2017
not a chance in hell that Galchenyuk and Gallagher even gets u carter let alone adding the best forward prospect they had since Breden Scheen Kings would hang up shaking there heads at the offer
I have a hard time believing Rob Blake would say no to Gallagher and Galchenyuk for Jeff Carter

Reactions: Guerzy and Grabner

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
:habs
Carter, Jeff ($5,272,727)
Vilardi, Gabriel ($925,000)

:kings
1. Galchenyuk, Alex ($4,900,000)
2. Lehkonen, Artturi ($839,167)
3. Gallagher, Brendan ($3,750,000)
4. Hudon, Charles ($650,000)
2019 1st round pick (MTL)
2018 2nd round pick (MTL)
2018 2nd round pick (CHI)
2018 2nd round pick (TOR)

you for got the kitchen sink

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

you wouldn't happen to be a LA fan by any chance?

Grabner

Feb 22, 2018
If you wanted Doughty you’d need a much better center piece. No slight to any of these players but Doughty is one of the top 3 D in the league. This might be fair value wise but there isn’t one piece in there to get Doughty.
I am far from being a Habs fan but:
3 2nd Round Picks + 1st in 2019 (which will most likely end up as a top 5 picks once again) + Gallagher + Galchenyuk + Hudon isn't enough for 1 year of Drew Doughty? c'mon man...

might as well take this offer then:
upload_2018-4-19_12-43-47.png

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Value-wise it's not bad, but it's a bit of a quality-for-quantity move.
Assuming MTL is just as bad next season, the 2019 1st round pick cancels out Vilardi (high 1st). Then it's a bunch of assets for Carter.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I am far from being a Habs fan but:
3 2nd Round Picks + 1st in 2019 (which will most likely end up as a top 5 picks once again) + Gallagher + Galchenyuk + Hudon isn't enough for 1 year of Drew Doughty? c'mon man...

might as well take this offer then:
View attachment 115219
I’m not a Kings fan but that’s worse than the original. Like I said it’s probably enough value wise but the center piece needs to be better. Less quantity more quality. Also if they are getting Doughty do you really see a D core anchored by Weber and Doughty and having Price in net will really be a bottom team? Cause I definitely don’t.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Assuming MTL is just as bad next season, the 2019 1st round pick cancels out Vilardi (high 1st). Then it's a bunch of assets for Carter.

A bunch of “assets” for Carter. Lol. Gallagher with 31 goals is a mere asset

Grabner

Feb 22, 2018
I’m not a Kings fan but that’s worse than the original. Like I said it’s probably enough value wise but the center piece needs to be better. Less quantity more quality. Also if they are getting Doughty do you really see a D core anchored by Weber and Doughty and having Price in net will really be a bottom team? Cause I definitely don’t.
I guess I just don't see what added Quality can they fetch for 1 year of Drew Doughty vs that Habs package (which wasn't proposed for Doughty don't get me wrong)
Anyways...

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I guess I just don't see what added Quality can they fetch for 1 year of Drew Doughty vs that Habs package (which wasn't proposed for Doughty don't get me wrong)
Anyways...
It’s not what could be added. It’s that the package would probably be entirely different. The thing about Doughty is that there haven’t been any rumors about him leaving or the Kings rebuilding despite what fans think. So the package would be different. It would require one big piece and maybe some others on both sides to even out value. It wouldn’t be a bunch of pieces to add up to Doughty. I hope that clarifies my point a little better.

Reactions: Grabner

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
i dont Carter is worth more to the kings and ill leave it at that

Kings take that deal in a heartbeat. Carter is 33 years old. The Kings look like they are in the middle of a transition period, especially with the very real possibility of Doughty leaving soon (he has said he "wants to win Cups" - which doesn't look realistic with LA right now). The Kings need more pieces to rebuild around Toffoli, Pearson, Vilardi, etc. They have a decent foundation for the rebuild but need to acquire more young pieces, Gally would definitely help them achieve that.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal

Value wise it is horrible Carter is 33 and Vilardi is still very unproven. This is 4 players that made 72 goals this year, including the 2 most productive players for the Habs this year, all under 25 and on top of that habs 1st next year that could very well be again in the top 10 and 3 freaking second round picks this year... This returns a proven #1 C in its prime at minimum

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
As an outsider I can't see justification for LA moving both Carter and Vilardi, they're contradictory moves. I can however see Bergevin try and salvage the situation, + LA enter a bit of a rebuild/retool if they decide to move on from Doughty.

In that case if early on in the off-season Tavares is off the board a Carter for Young wing +2019 1st + + swap could make sense. Or if Tavares is out by draft day maybe 20+Carter for 4+?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rorschach

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
What's this obsession with Vilardi?

Also, yet the value is in our favor, it's a bad hockey trade so we in LA still say no...for now...but we keep your number. If we decide to blow it up, we can discuss it again. But probably it would be a 3-way deal for a team to take the NHL players and give us more futures.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Kings take that deal in a heartbeat. Carter is 33 years old. The Kings look like they are in the middle of a transition period, especially with the very real possibility of Doughty leaving soon (he has said he "wants to win Cups" - which doesn't look realistic with LA right now). The Kings need more pieces to rebuild around Toffoli, Pearson, Vilardi, etc. They have a decent foundation for the rebuild but need to acquire more young pieces, Gally would definitely help them achieve that.
Dispute what most of la fan base is saying the king are not going to rebuild yet We had 98 points this year without Carter for most of the year. The kings add some youth and speed this year in Kempe Iafallo amadio and Brodzinski LaDue gravel Fantenberg all got time on defense this year. We just signed a couple of college ufa in Brickly and Rempel so we have youth ready to step up and contribute. Yes the kings need to continue improving but there far far from the disaster our fans think at least imo

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
As an outsider I can't see justification for LA moving both Carter and Vilardi, they're contradictory moves. I can however see Bergevin try and salvage the situation, + LA enter a bit of a rebuild/retool if they decide to move on from Doughty.

In that case if early on in the off-season Tavares is off the board a Carter for Young wing +2019 1st + + swap could make sense. Or if Tavares is out by draft day maybe 20+Carter for 4+?

No it doesn't make any sense to trade our 2019 pick... it most likely will be worth more than Carter. Let alone add an under 25 quality winger and than ++.
That trade is freakin terrible for Montreal from top to bottom. The fact some outsiders try to defend it is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->