Injury Report: Carter out indefinitely (Mod Edit--ETA February-ish)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Did you see how ineffective the Pears-Shore-Titty line was last night? Losing Carter makes the ENTIRE line slow, and who is going to step up? The only person that may be able to is Dowd, maybe Lewis if we can stand his stone hands and rely on just his skating... I don't even want to hear Kempe...

Did Cammy ever play C? I remember his being listed as C on one of the old NHL video games...​

If you want speed/pace to help that line, Cammy is not your guy. Cammy and TT on the same line would be skating in mud. Plus I can't imagine him covering enough ice to be a good C in our system.

Reactions: 123slam
Jul 31, 2005
CA
Didn't the Kings lose a player to a slice on the leg a couple years ago and launch a campaign about wearing kevlar sleeves? Cut resistant skate socks go for $25 by the way, or you could risk being out 6-8 weeks.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Sucks, but Carter is in amazing shape. Once he heals he'll be up to speed in days.

At worst I think we see him after MLK day, best case end of November.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Put Kempe in between Pearson and Toffoli.

Nobody else on the Kings has earned that right but Kempe. It would be a shame to see any other King in between Pearson and Toffoli next game. You talk about wanting more speed, more offense and attacking the middle of the ice and Kempe did all that last night. Players should earn a promotion, not get one based on being the safest possible option.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Carter is a big loss, but nothing that can't be overcome.

While skating speed is a big factor, rhe 2nd line C, whether it's Dowd, Shore, or Kempe, CAN compensate for lack of skate speed with puck movement speed.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Didn't the Kings lose a player to a slice on the leg a couple years ago and launch a campaign about wearing kevlar sleeves? Cut resistant skate socks go for $25 by the way, or you could risk being out 6-8 weeks.

I vaguely remember that though I thought it was the skate guards for shot blocking rather than kevlar socks. Do those go up your calf though?

Nobody else on the Kings has earned that right but Kempe. It would be a shame to see any other King in between Pearson and Toffoli next game. You talk about wanting more speed, more offense and attacking the middle of the ice and Kempe did all that last night. Players should earn a promotion, not get one based on being the safest possible option.

If we are talking about "earned" it's hard to overlook Shore. Kempe did all that just last night but it wasn't at center. I agree in the general sense that he might be the best 'fit' in terms of potential top six skill but I'm not certain he would be the most effective in that role

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Kempe has earned the spot because of one game?

Kempe and Cammy seem to compliment each other well. Might want to consider giving them some more time together.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Kempe has earned the spot because of one game?

Kempe and Cammy seem to compliment each other well. Might want to consider giving them some more time together.

Seriously. Handcuff them together please. Shore looked fine between the T's last night, he'll be even better with some practice time. Maybe we'll finally see what he can do on a more offense oriented line.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Yeah I'd also explore leaving the guys who combined for 4 goals together for another game.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I’d just love to see what Kempe and Pearson can do together - they’re so god damn fast, opponents wouldn’t know what to do.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
This team still doesn't have the depth to overcome a long term injury to one of the core guys and this will be exposed on the road and against better teams.

While not as bad as losing Quick last season, this could really put the Kings in a tough spot by January/February.

Hopefully Kempe and others can really step it up so the team is that much better when he gets back. IMO, Quick is going to need to be Vezina-quality, 2012 regular season Quick to keep this team within striking distance.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I vaguely remember that though I thought it was the skate guards for shot blocking rather than kevlar socks. Do those go up your calf though?

If we are talking about "earned" it's hard to overlook Shore. Kempe did all that just last night but it wasn't at center. I agree in the general sense that he might be the best 'fit' in terms of potential top six skill but I'm not certain he would be the most effective in that role

Shot blockers either cover your whole skate with that big plastic cover or just the tongue of your skate. They do make a cut resistant sleeve for those players who don't like to wear socks or have their own personal preference as far as what's on their feet. This is something the NHL needs to go after, skates are sharp, stuff happens on the ice, no reason not to be protected in areas where ligaments and tendons are only protected by skin.

Last edited:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
This team still doesn't have the depth to overcome a long term injury to one of the core guys and this will be exposed on the road and against better teams.

While not as bad as losing Quick last season, this could really put the Kings in a tough spot by January/February.

Hopefully Kempe and others can really step it up so the team is that much better when he gets back. IMO, Quick is going to need to be Vezina-quality, 2012 regular season Quick to keep this team within striking distance.

We don't know if they do or not yet.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Based on his play at center, the only line Kempe has earned to center is the 5th line. Guy is just not ready for it at the NHL level, may never be.

Reactions: johnjm22

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Just slot in Dowd for a few games. May not be the best answer but it leaves our lines that of been effective together. Dowd is a bigger body and has showed skill in the past.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
FWIW Rotowire is listing Kempe as #2c. Kempe is averaging 9:50 of ES ice time and has a 30% shooting percentage. I guess I'm leading the Kempe bandwagon so had to throw some really meaningful stats your way. Carter was only playing 16:38 a game which is a career low and 3:51 on the PP which is a career high.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Now they're saying he was wearing a cut resistant sock, it looked like no sock at all to me. Somebody needs to zoom in on that play.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
200.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad