Injury Report: Carter out indefinitely (Mod Edit--ETA February-ish)

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I don't know anything about this topic either, but are there not other tendons in that area.

He's the only one saying that and to my knowledge he's not in LA. There's already been at least two sources that are in LA that have said it's not the achilles.
Shannon could be correct but I'll take the word of those much closer for the moment.

Reactions: KingTrouty

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I just saw that Mckenzie tweet. But everyone needs to remember there are other tendons there.
And so far it's been said it's not the achilles.
Where this sucks and it's going to be difficult for the team. Let's not jump off the cliff yet.

Reactions: KingTrouty

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-23-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
jgXNase.jpg

Reactions: SlimCharles

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Even with Carter skating on his own will-power, you could tell immediately from his reaction when he looked down on his skate that he suffered a cut. The placement of where he got cut looked like the calf muscle, so the only preventive measure would be if they had some type of kevlar like sock, which we know would cost money. And we know how much Adidas would be opposed to spending any money on quality...

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Even with Carter skating on his own will-power, you could tell immediately from his reaction when he looked down on his skate that he suffered a cut. The placement of where he got cut looked like the calf muscle, so the only preventive measure would be if they had some type of kevlar like sock, which we know would cost money. And we know how much Adidas would be opposed to spending any money on quality...
Oh, no doubt it was a cut, but it’s hella weird seeing these tweets after the way he skated off the ice

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
They aren't that much. But it's getting players to wear them. Look how long it took for helmets. And now with visors.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I can see this being about a 10-12 week injury.

Expect the worst but hope for the best case scenario.

Hopefully the Kings can tread water and be in decent shape by the time Carter gets back.

It's a chance for someone to step up and play a bigger role with the club.

Esteban Tornado

Mar 28, 2014
Las Vegas
Carter hasnt been lighting up the scoreboard so far and the kings are doing fine. Im not seeing this as the doomsday scenario as some have. If somebody else can step up, they will be fine

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Carter hasnt been lighting up the scoreboard so far and the kings are doing fine. Im not seeing this as the doomsday scenario as some have. If somebody else can step up, they will be fine

You are VASTLY undervaluing what Carter brings to the lineup

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

We don't have a legit top 9 center waiting in wings, so I'd say this is a doomsday scenario. Hell, we have been testing out the 3/4 line center positions for the last few years. You are really undervaluing Carts here.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Carter himself backs off people and forces others to respect him. And he does a ton defensively and creates ice for others. What he puts on the scoreboard is only 50% of what Carter is good for. Dudes a great player. This will be very tough and irreplaceable. Hopefully someone can do okay enough in the mean time.

Reactions: SlimCharles

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I agree with the others. Carter makes people respect what he does while on the ice. Opposing defenders can cheat off his replacement.

123slam

Dec 28, 2006

Did you see how ineffective the Pears-Shore-Titty line was last night? Losing Carter makes the ENTIRE line slow, and who is going to step up? The only person that may be able to is Dowd, maybe Lewis if we can stand his stone hands and rely on just his skating... I don't even want to hear Kempe...

Did Cammy ever play C? I remember his being listed as C on one of the old NHL video games...​

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Carter himself backs off people and forces others to respect him. And he does a ton defensively and creates ice for others. What he puts on the scoreboard is only 50% of what Carter is good for. Dudes a great player. This will be very tough and irreplaceable. Hopefully someone can do okay enough in the mean time.

This a million times over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->