Carter and Richards win World Juniors and AHL Championship in same year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
I would imagine they are the only two guys to ever do that?

Plus, I thought Carter was going to be named the playoff MVP, but that went to the Phantoms goalie. It probably should have gone to Carter though.

Great year for both Richards and Carter, now I would laugh my ass off if Philly loses them! :biglaugh:

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
HabLover said:
Plus, I thought Carter was going to be named the playoff MVP, but that went to the Phantoms goalie. It probably should have gone to Carter though.

No, it probably should have gone to Niittymaki. As good as Carter was, he wasn't dominant. Niitymaki was very dominant, especially in the finals.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
To be fair, Niittymaki had a 1.75 GAA and .943 SV% with three shutouts, thats some amazing numbers, I didn't see any of the games, but thats not too shabby.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Charlie_Girl49 said:
Nope -- 1994 Jason Allison won the World Juniors and the Calder Cup with Portland. I don't know if there are others though.

He only played like 5 out 20 games or so and had like 3pts! Would he actually get a ring, cuz I don't think he played any regular season games? Anyways, I don't think he really helped in any way or contributed much!

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
HabLover said:
He only played like 5 out 20 games or so and had like 3pts! Would he actually get a ring, cuz I don't think he played any regular season games? Anyways, I don't think he really helped in any way or contributed much!

Of course, Allison was 18 years old at the time (that or he just turned 19). Carter has been 20 for 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->