Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
It’s definitely a swat. He’s completely off balance from the push.

Thanks for the pic, it shows it rather well.

Try swinging a bat while standing on one leg and see how hard the contact is.
It’s all about intent right? He tried to hit him much harder, but as you can tell by the rest of the playoffs, it’s hard for him to stay on his skates.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You realize there is a significant different in a base ball style slash happening in game (still doesn’t happen a dozen times) and happening after the game is ended. I can’t believe you are continuing on with this hopeless argument.

View attachment 869939

You can’t seriously tell me this slash happens a dozen times in a game let alone after the game. Look at the wind up to the slash. You are completely out of touch with reality or just unwilling to admit you are wrong.

Look at the photo and the wind up. This slash doesn’t happen a dozen times during a game, let alone after a gsme.

Happens all the time.

The “wind up” is because he’s extremely off balance which incidentally significantly reduces the impact of the blow.

This just creates more support that the “two handed chop” was more of a “desperate swat”, so again, thanks for the still photo.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Let’s compromise. We will offer to triple the suspension and have Cole serve it.

Let's meet halfway. Instead of suspending Ian Cole, the winner of Dallas/Colorado series has to add him to their roster and he has to play him 3 games in the Conference Finals.

• Haha
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Not sure how Bennett escapes punishment after tko’ing Marchand, but this is suspension worthy…guess with all the media pressure, the edited clip being shared and McDavy being who he is this is an easy one for the former knuckle dragger.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
You realize there is a significant different in a base ball style slash happening in game (still doesn’t happen a dozen times) and happening after the game is ended. I can’t believe you are continuing on with this hopeless argument.

View attachment 869939

You can’t seriously tell me this slash happens a dozen times in a game let alone after the game. Look at the wind up to the slash. You are completely out of touch with reality or just unwilling to admit you are wrong.

Look at the photo and the wind up. This slash doesn’t happen a dozen times during a game, let alone after a gsme.
Look at the video, not your screen grab that you think shows something it doesn't. That's not wind up, McDavid was trying to keep his balance from the first shove from Soucy.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Did I refer to it as his shin? I don't think I did, but okay. Lots have. Lot's have also called it a lumberjack swing or baseball swing, so accuracy isn't really the standard in this discussion right now.
One is a fact the other is opinion.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta

Attachments

• IMG_8279.jpeg
    IMG_8279.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 1

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The Oilers chances are pretty slim, particularly when the Canucks powerplay is outperforming theirs.

Did I see some Oilers fans in here say the Oilers dominated the Canucks last night?

View attachment 869940
Hits 50 to 30!
This Canucks team is night and day from previous ones. They’ve been punishing the Oiler players physically all series. The longer the series goes the bigger that edge becomes imo. Plus McDrai playing half the game is to the Canucks advantage longer term.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

View attachment 869939

It does when you get crosschecked in the chest after a game is over. That photo is McDavid trying not to fall over after he got shoved backwards for no reason. There was very little power behind that slash.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
All the Oilers in here pumping their chest like a Soucy suspension gives them the edge and right back into the series.
As a fan of neither team correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it a 2-1 series with all three games by 1 goal?

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Hits 50 to 30!
This Canucks team is night and day from previous ones. They’ve been punishing the Oiler players physically all series. The longer the series goes the bigger that edge becomes imo. Plus McDrai playing half the game is to the Canucks advantage longer term.

Hits is right up there with +/- as a useless stat. If the hits are one-sided, it just means that possession was also one-sided. You can't get hit if you don't have the puck.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It’s all about intent right? He tried to hit him much harder, but as you can tell by the rest of the playoffs, it’s hard for him to stay on his skates.

No, the result is always more significant than the intent.

The intent is a factor but not the defining one.

If you swing your stick as hard as physically possible and miss the guy entirely, is the suspension going to be longer than one that actually makes contact with the target?

The result in this case was an off-balance swing to the hockey pants of Soucy. I can’t believe people are trying to equate that to a cross check to the face.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Why is this being looked at? McDavid baseball swings his stick at a guy, and Soucy clearly tries to crosscheck him in the chest as retaliation. Not Soucys fault McDavid crumpled when Zadorov touched him.
When you throw a cross check you are responsible for where it ends up making contact

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
They really aren't a lot of the time. It's the same motion. A lot of the time, the only difference is if a guy touches with the stick or his gloves first.
Cross check requires two hands on your stick, Soucy did not have two hands on his stick on the first shove.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
If you’re expecting a similar punishment, I think you’re going to be disappointed.
I'm not expecting anything. All I said were that the incidents were similar - which another poster has already agreed with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad