Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nothing for the McBaby lumberjack swing? I guess he’s immune to punishment. Got away with a double minor in Game 2 as well.
Considering that BC's biggest industry is forestry I would have thought that people there would be better at identifying lumberjacks. It was a lovetap on the pants. Soucy gave him one back. Its the Vancouver D's two crosschecks afterward that are getting them in hot water.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Both are crap. Let’s be honest here. There’s a reason the Oilers started Skinner.
And there is a reason why Silov is playing ahead of the other goalie. He was the 2nd best nuck vs NSH and doing pretty good this series.. Demko isn't any better than what Silov gave

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Do whatever you want..just don't suspend Cole is what I ask.
Haha, so true. Cole is providing those expected intangible contributions from unexpected players, that become X-Factors in every playoffs...

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Very true, and that is a good comparsion.

Certainly many of us want to see some consistency here insofar as consequences, not just with this situation, but similar ones like it.

There’s a difference between cross checking a guy in the back of the head after he scores a goal, and accidentally cross checking a guy in the face after he slashes you with his stick and your teammate hits him from behind.

I expect less than what Rielly got.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
A couple fines should be thrown around. Soucy was trying to go for the chest by the looks of it but Zadorov gets McDavid in the back which puts Soucy's crosscheck squarly to the neck/head region.

Probably couldve been a whole lotta nothing had Zadorov stayed out of it. Two players slashing/cross checking at the end of a heated game.

Reactions: LivingRentFree

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
You just know Kane is going to give it right back to Hughes or Pettersson if there is no suspension. That also just opens the door for a complete shitshow next game so I'm leaning towards a suspension.
He was already slewfooting Hughes before this and trying to kick Zadorov in the face with his skate.

Reactions: The Expert

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Yes, because I witnessed Bennet got away with a sucker bunch yesterday

Also Sedins got punched in the face repeatedly in front of refs 13 years ago

But we gotta protect McPrecious
Marchy was jabbing at the Sedins in a scrum mid game, which was normal 13 years ago, hardly the same thing. Hell that happens in playoff games even today.

Bennett should have got something for that as well, I been saying the same thing about him. It was a garbage play with intent to injure. But using your stick to hurt another player, especially after the game is over, cross check in the face ? Easy suspension.

Reactions: nabob and NyQuil

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
If Pickard or even Campbell playing it's 3-0 Oilers. Skinner is the only reason why this is a close series
Then I don't know maybe the coach is the problem you could pull Skinner earlier you realize. Campbell the guy that sucked so bad was sent to minors?

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Well, if he was trying to just skate away, he probably could have done that. He's a big and strong guy. He chose to push him instead. He started it. McDavid escalated it, and then the Vancouver goofs went way beyond what the situation called for.
Being big and strong doesn’t do anything if he doesn’t push or make contact with McDavid…

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
It's a weird one, because the result is bad but I don't think he was trying to cross check him in the face at all.

Zadorov cross checking him from behind put Soucy's cross check in a bad spot.
As per the league "A player has to be in control of his own stick at all times" teams are awarded powerplays for stick lifting the opponents stick into their own face. This is a guy cross checking someone, even if Zadorov doesn't hit McDavid it was still a pretty high cross check attempt.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Need to start. A
And there is a reason why Silov is playing ahead of the other goalie. He was the 2nd best nuck vs NSH and doing pretty good this series.. Demko isn't any better than what Silov gave
Demko is a Vezina finalist.
Skinner, Pickard and Campbell are not starter material.
Silovs was great in game 3 but put up below. average numbers in 1 and 2.
He’s been better than expectations as a third string rookie but he hasn’t been close to elite.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
This guy should drink for free at any bar in Vancouver / Calgary / Toronto

PlayerHeadshot

I ordered his jersey last night 🤣

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
After the play is over? Swatting at each other with sticks?

Yes it happens frequently. Are you new to hockey?

I’m still waiting for all of your examples of retaliatory cross checks to the face going unpunished.

I think everyone agrees that the shot to the face was accidental, but it was still a penalty and the end result was contact to the face.

Lack of deliberate Intention might reduce the punishment.

He has Zadorov to thank for the phone call from the league.
Just a reminder that you said the type of slash happens dozens of times in a game. Again, that’s a ridiculous statement, and I assume you know that but for whatever reason are not willing to just concede your initial statement was a huge hyperbole and move on.

I don’t recall a big base ball swing slash after the game ending happening even once in any Canucks game this season. The idea that this happens frequently is a joke.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
so the Leafs aren't good enough is what you're saying

kinda like when they had a path in 2021 by winning the Canadian division, or losing to CBJ
Definitely weren’t good enough nope!

Their best chance will be next year, or the year after when their cap space really opens up. Shanny will be gone then as well.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Just a reminder that you said the type of slash happens dozens of times in a game. Again, that’s a ridiculous statement, and I assume you know that but for whatever reason are not willing to just concede your initial statement was a huge hyperbole and move on.

I don’t recall a big base ball swing slash after the game ending happening even once in any Canucks game this season. The idea that this happens frequently is a joke.

Big baseball swing. Lol.

Where’s the hyperbole now?

In another hundred posts you’ll be calling him Conan the Barbarian.

Soucy got slashed in the pants and Soucy slashed him back.

Then Zadorov hit him from behind and McDavid buckled, then Soucy cross checked him in the face.

The reason it won’t be more serious is because it was part of a scrum and it was pretty clear that Soucy’s intent was not to target the face.

It was the end result though which is why the league is looking at it.

Reactions: ManofSteel55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad