Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
McDavid getting the Lemieux treatment from the NHL. NHL is realizing that no one cares about superstars who don't win championships.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ridiculous. Should be a fine at most. What does McDavid expect to happen after the two handed slash exactly?
a two handed slash back, most likely, which is what he got from Soucy right after. The crosscheck in the mouth - which I believe was accidental and only ended up being on the mouth because Zadorov came in late and crosschecked McDavid in the kidneys - is why the two players are looking at a suspension and a fine respectively.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
There is nothing wrong with him not even a cut.Result was he is Fine.But when you get hit from behind you lose any body functions to defend yourself that is true I admit.Soucy can use that in hearing to say my stick was low he came down as it was happening so no intent to head shot him.1 game my bet

"He didn't have a cut so no harm no foul" is peak dumb logic. (The DoPS regularly employs it, so I can't blame you)

Like saying, "He shot at the guy 10 times, but didn't hit him, so no big deal!"

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Many people wanted to do this to Billy Smith back in the day for his hacking and dirty play. Silovs has done literally nothing of the sort.
It's not about Silov.. he is a good guy on a dirty team.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Both are better than Silov... my 14yo nephew would do better than Skinner.
Lol at lame poke checks, own goals and even a lame penalty to boot.

Cole and Skinner are double agents I'm sure
Both are crap. Let’s be honest here. There’s a reason the Oilers started Skinner.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me how the league reviewing this play makes McDavid soft? I don’t understand that one
Cause it feeds into haters narratives that don’t exist in reality.
Like the Oilers and McDavid get everything going their way.

Aug 3, 2021
This guy should drink for free at any bar in Vancouver / Calgary / Toronto

PlayerHeadshot

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Easiest way to do that is push McDavid since he’s right in his face.
Well, if he was trying to just skate away, he probably could have done that. He's a big and strong guy. He chose to push him instead. He started it. McDavid escalated it, and then the Vancouver goofs went way beyond what the situation called for.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers fans and sportsnet panel is the worst. They have all been crying about this, while ignoring McDavid starting the entire incident.

League is a joke and blatantly trying to get the Oilers to the finals and appease their cry baby fans.
Yawwn.. try a new narrative..
The whole crybaby, league rigging is too old.. it was obvious that refs assisted nucks in game 3. So out goes that narrative..
Also league did nothing to protect McD that play so there goes the other.

Do whatever you want..just don't suspend Cole is what I ask.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Not a fan of Edmonton at all, I guess I could be considered neutral here.

I compare this to the Ottawa vs Toronto game where Rielly crossedchecked Grieg and got suspended. DOPS big deal with it was it was after the game - I assume (lol), the same standards will be applied.

Rielly got 5 regular season games for reference.
Very true, and that is a good comparsion.

Certainly many of us want to see some consistency here insofar as consequences, not just with this situation, but similar ones like it.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Zadorov better get suspended too, what a puke play after the final buzzer hitting from behind.. Soucy I don't blame as much don't think he meant to hit the face

It was a nothing slash so means nothing
Agreed. Zadorov cross-check from behind knocks McDavid forward and down. Soucy was aiming to put his stick into McDavid's chest.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Unfortunate outcome but you can't suspend a player in the playoffs for something that was largely out of his control. Soucy clearly didn't intend to cross check McDavid in the face. Also, Connor is completely fine anyway.

It's being completely overblown because it's McDavid obviously. If this a cross check to Soucy's face under the same circumstances we're not even having this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad