Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
NHL standing tall to protect McPrecious
How is this protecting him? He got assaulted already and could have easily been out with a broken jaw/neck.

This is about punishment for the event. How is Zadorov allowed to cross check after final buzzer without getting anything. Allow this then also allow opponents attacking your goalie after final buzzer

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
A two handed baseball style slash after the game is over is not an acceptable hockey play. McDavid got cross checked twice, and deservedly so. Obviously Saucey wasn’t trying to get McDavid in the face and Zadorov’s cross check unfortunately led to that.

But intent is important. Like, McDavid high stocked Quinn Hughes in the face. It was unintentional so he wasn’t suspended.
If the game is over, then why is Soucy pushing McDavid other than to initiate the whole thing? It's a weak slash to the shin pads as retaliation. It's absolutely nothing and certainly doesn't deserve a double crosscheck to the back and to the face. Sure it was unintentional, but then Zadorov should be the one getting the call.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Wrong player getting the call honestly.

Game ends, Soucy gives a little cross check and a push.
McDavid whacks Soucy, Soucy whacks McDavid back.
Soucy goes for a cross check to the chest, while Zadorov joins in and gives McDavid a dangerous crosscheck from behind which knocks him over (cause he isn't expecting to get cheap shot like that) and what would be a routine rough stuff cross check to the chest ends up in McDavids face.

Its unfortunate that it ended up with a face shot and honestly Zadorov is at fault for that. It should have been at worse a fine to Soucy and maybe a fine to McDavid but Soucy will end up with a suspension cause Zadorov is a prick.

The league would be looking at suspending like they normally do, to try and calm the series down rather than actually punish actions.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
O I played junior and one time I was s sceening goalie .Just as shot came I got bumped from behind and puck got me in nads .I was helpless I could not doing nothing to avoid it, so u are not wrong.But and I mean but there is nothing wrong with him while Brad Marchand has a concussion ( brain Injury).and crickets.Its a very very bad look for this phony league that claims they protect everyone.
Marchand punch to face didn't look vicious ..no one really even see it til days later. Bennett disguised it well since there still isn't much evidence to make a case that it was deliberate.
This was clear assault from Zadorov and Soucy after the game was over.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
McDavid two hands Soucy. Soucy retaliates with a cross check as McDavid is falling making it look very bad.

This will net a potential suspension.

Meanwhile this happens and crickets or justification about "what happened before it" making it ok.

Stay consistent kids

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
If TO had toughness you guys would still be in the playoffs
If that play involved the leafs, one of the following players would have taken care of it:

Benoit
McCabe
Domi
Bertuzzi
Reaves
Knies
McMann
Edmundson

But three Oilers skated away with their tails tucked between their legs.

They don’t hit, they don’t fight, they don’t play physically at all really. Edmonton is dead last in hits for teams still in the playoffs. Their depth can’t score, so why aren’t they playing physically at least?

Reactions: D0ctorCool

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Please learn human anatomy and where the shin is. Hint it’s in the white part of Soucy’s equipment.
A slash ti shin pad is nothing..he got one back right after.... crosscheck to face is not normal and should call for a suspension..
If this doesn't get Emdonton going in game 4 then nothing will.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Got what he deserved for starting shit after the game ended period
I don't think there should be any suspension but like, Soucy initiated contact and the whole thing. McDavid escalated yes, but acting like Soucy is some innocent puppy is ridiculous.

TropicOfNoReturn

May 30, 2021
The fact that all neutral fans agree that this should not be a suspension really shows how biased the league, refs, and DOPS are towards McDavid and the Oilers. If this were any other player, this wouldn't be a conversation.
All players should be treated equally.

If there are any suspensions coming out of this, it is an absolute farce.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Ok, show me all the dozens of times we see baseball style two handed slashes after the game is over. Should be pretty easy to find give that it happens so much according to you.
When are slashes ever one handed? That's a pretty good sell job on the slash. As if the push from Soucy wasn't the real instigation.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
The fact that all neutral fans agree that this should not be a suspension really shows how biased the league, refs, and DOPS are towards McDavid and the Oilers. If this were any other player, this wouldn't be a conversation.
All players should be treated equally.

If there are any suspensions coming out of this, it is an absolute farce.

It's not even that I'm annoyed that they're considering discipline, just that they're considering it for Soucy instead of Zadorov.

THAT would be understandable if they were trying to use the reasoning of "protecting the players".

If they suspend Soucy, then f*** it suspend McDavid for the same as him, and Zadorov for longer than both, lol.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Marchand punch to face didn't look vicious ..no one really even see it til days later. Bennett disguised it well since there still isn't much evidence to make a case that it was deliberate.
This was clear assault from Zadorov and Soucy after the game was over.
Bennett did the exact same thing last playoffs and concussed Matthew Knies.He is a repeat offender. There is a few angles that shows what he did and even Leafs network called him greasy and they hate Bruins.Anyways it's a bad look not protecting others but jump soon as it's this guy.I am glad McDavid is ok.

Reactions: LivingRentFree

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
As a neutral fan, and considering the things they've let go in this series and other, if Soucy get's suspended, it's a joke.

Oilers getting away with assault left and right, but as soon as someone touches the golden boy, its a suspension for the rest of the playoffs? Oilers about to overtake Vegas for being least like-able team in the league with their constant whining and Reff-oilers.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
If the game is over, then why is Soucy pushing McDavid other than to initiate the whole thing? It's a weak slash to the shin pads as retaliation. It's absolutely nothing and certainly doesn't deserve a double crosscheck to the back and to the face. Sure it was unintentional, but then Zadorov should be the one getting the call.
The Soucy push was a nothing play, and anyone that knows anything about hockey knows that two handed base ball swing slash is not a proportional response. McDavid getting two cross checks as a result is a proportional response. I’d agree that Soucy intentionally trying to cross check McDavid in the face wouldn’t be a proportional response. But obviously that wasn’t the intent, and I have a real hard time thinking that it’s just to suspended Soucy for an un intentionally bad result that flowed directly from a very intentionally dirty two handed slash from McDavid.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ok, show me all the dozens of times we see baseball style two handed slashes after the game is over. Should be pretty easy to find give that it happens so much according to you.

Yeah I’ll just run over to my AV editing suite and compile up a reel for you.

LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad