Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He shouldn't be suspended. McDavid started the whole thing and his head immediately moved which is what caused the cross-check to the face.

That said, the NHL is also a joke by not announcing the date and time with the game being tomorrow. If you're already pre-determined it's going to be a suspension before hearing someone's case, why even have a hearing?
Hopefully he isn't suspended... let it play out on the ice and suspend people after game 4 .. Oilers need more ammo for next game.

Reactions: BurnabyJoe7

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Expecting a fine. It's a dirty play from both guys at the end of the game. If this was Hughes instead of McDavid the entire team would be crying over it.
The clip above is so disingenuous, leaves out the slashing beforehand.

This is the full clip:
Soucy gets a retaliatory swing right back and then proceeds to crosscheck him in the face. Not to mention he initiated it all with a crosscheck beforehand after the game was over.

Oilers actually want Soucy playing. He can put himself out of position going for a big hit like in game 3 and give us breakaway goals. Guy is a complete loser and pylon out there.

Reactions: Porkleaker

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Should get suspended, nobody cares about these dusty 3rd line D, you cannot cross check McJesus. Sit him for the rest of the series.

Reactions: Porkleaker

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
A two handed slash after the game is a lot. McDavid initiated it and should accept the consequences.
Lol... he got a 2 hand slash back, and crosscheck from behind and one to the face.. I guess next time an Oiler gets slashed on shins he is is good to assault the Nuck.. got it.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Of course McDavid starting it won't even be mentioned by the league. Don't start something if you can't take the punishment. McDavid should be charged for assault using his stick as a weapon and thrown him in jail for 30 days. Make him watch his team lose the series from the jail cell.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Hopefully he isn't suspended... let it play out on the ice and suspend people after game 4 .. Oilers need more ammo for next game.

Seems unlikely he's not suspended due to the fact he won't be eligible to play until the hearing is completed and the NHL hasn't even announced the day they're going to have it.

With the way the NHL operates, he's likely out for (at least) the series.

Reactions: LivingRentFree

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
McD starts stuff & the league steps in.

Unfortunate play with Zadorov pushing him. Soucy wouldn't have hit him in the head otherwise.
Push vs vicious cross check after the game.... depends on what color glasses u r wearing... Zadorov needs to leave game 4 in an ambulance after that.

• Haha
Reactions: Turbonium

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Lol... he got a 2 hand slash back, and crosscheck from behind and one to the face.. I guess next time an Oiler gets slashed on shins he is is good to assault the Nuck.. got it.
That’s been happening all playoffs. Have you even watched the games? Lol.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Nothing cheaper than Zad hitting McDavid in the back while he was engaged with Soucy. A p***y move by a big man.
McPissbaby starts some s*** and can't handle what's coming. Now the Oilers have to cry to the league because someone touched him.

Way rougher stuff has happened this playoffs without any suspensions. But McCrybaby can't be touched!

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
That’s been happening all playoffs. Have you even watched the games? Lol.
Sure, let it carry on... it's over to Kane... let's see if follows up his 'f*** around and find out' .. Zadorov f***ed around.. your move Kane.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
@0;10. it starts with Soucy crosschecking McDavid at his rib and then another crosscheck where McDavid was able to block it after the whisper when the game ended. McDavid retaliated with a swing. Soucy retaliated with the same swing, Zadorov crosscheck to the back of McDavid and Soucy crosscheck McDavid to the head.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
McPissbaby starts some s*** and can't handle what's coming. Now the Oilers have to cry to the league because someone touched him.

Way rougher stuff has happened this playoffs without any suspensions. But McCrybaby can't be touched!
Show me one 'way rougher' thing that has happened in this series.. Hughes walking into a stick popping a pimple ain't one.

This was AFTER the game to boot

Kane. Lol. Zadarov will send him into the stands next time.
Doesn't need to be a legal move against Zadorov or Hughes for that matter. Kane needs to respond.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm really on the wrong side of this one.. I didn't think anything would happen. If they suspend Soucy, does that mean more ice time for Cole and Myers?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Show me one 'way rougher' thing that has happened in this series.. Hughes walking into a stick popping a pimple ain't one.

This was AFTER the game to boot
I said "this playoffs". Nice lack of reading comprehension.

Bennett cold clocks Marchand and the league doesn't care. But McBaby starts a scrum? OH NO! Suspend everybody!!!!

Also if you want this series, one of the Oiler bums literally whacked Hoglander in the nuts as he's going to change. Way dirtier than anything McSoftie had to deal with. I guess you'd agree Soucy should've slashed McDavid in the balls? That's clean right?

Reactions: Szechwan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad