Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
The only people calling McDavid soft are the same ones who would kill to have him on their teams
Well that's a mighty assumption and not true at all.
Calling him soft is a bit of a mis nomer tho. What he is is very unsportsmanlike and until he grows up and matures he will never be a guy that captains his team to a cup, Sid and Mac he is not.

He dives and embellishes and he whines and follows the refs around, it's absolutely pathetic and bush.
God I hope he's smartened up by 2026 because not only is it an embarrassment for our country but international refs love calling that type of shit.

As for the play yesterday it's a joke that Soucy might be suspended considering the scope of everything.

As for people saying Soucy started it he didn't.
The full sequence was #97 lightly slashed him and Soucy then pushed him and then #97 whacked him with both hands in a spot Soucy had been injured

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
If you suckerpunch and concuss Bruin captain, no big deal. Cross check McGoldenChild though, forget it. Probably suspended 10 games. The NHL...SMH

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Seems like the general consensus of those higher than an everyday hockey fan think the play at WORST is a fine. Will be interesting to see what DoPS does

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Well that's a mighty assumption and not true at all.
Calling him soft is a bit of a mis nomer tho. What he is is very unsportsmanlike and until he grows up and matures he will never be a guy that captains his team to a cup, Sid and Mac he is not.

He dives and embellishes and he whines and follows the refs around, it's absolutely pathetic and bush.
God I hope he's smartened up by 2026 because not only is it an embarrassment for our country but international refs love calling that type of shit.

As for the play yesterday it's a joke that Soucy might be suspended considering the scope of everything.

As for people saying Soucy started it he didn't.
The full sequence was #97 lightly slashed him and Soucy then pushed him and then #97 whacked him with both hands in a spot Soucy had been injured
He doesn't do any of what you said, what warped reality do you live in? Unsportsmanlike? LOL.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Why didnt anyone do something when it actually happened?

IMG_1575.png

Immediate aftermath. I get it though. No one actually watches the games or hunts down the full sequence to view more than a 15 second clip posted to Twitter before weighing in.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Timing obviously made the play worse with McDavid falling from Zad’s crosscheck. Still, the result matters more than intention so I can see if they want to give him something, but I feel like they’ve let worse stuff go. If it’s more than a game though, it’ll be pretty lame.

this comes down to whether you are suspending intent or result. Based on the league's history, they tend to focus on the result which is bad news for soucy.

if not for the cross check from zadorov, each of those 3 plays that occurred are not suspendable (mcdavid slash and the cross checks from Z and soucy).

There is a bit of a disconnect in the "intent" vs. "result" argument here, though.

If you favour intent, then obviously Soucy shouldn't be punished.

However, if you favour "result", then you also have to consider that the ultimate "result" was that Mcdavid didn't suffer any injury, as I understand it. Only looking at the unintentional cross check to the neck as a result, but ignoring the ultimate result of no injury, is quite illogical.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
League is going to sit him down and inform him that Rielly is going to get a five game suspension

Good thing JT Miller hit the post on that empty net attempt or Morgan might have charged onto the ice from the stands to hit him in the back of the head with his stick.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Isn't that just a bunch of hugging?

I mean I'm all for it - everyone needs a hug every now and then.

Eh, you all have your narrative and you’re sticking to it. I could respect that passion, if it wasn’t completely demented.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
View attachment 870104

Immediate aftermath. I get it though. No one actually watches the games or hunts down the full sequence to view more than a 15 second clip posted to Twitter before weighing in.
That just shows them standing around. They didn't do anything, showing a still doesn't prove you right any more. It's easy to find the clip, literally no one on the oil did anything physical other than try to pull it apart.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
So a slash to the padded part of pants warrants a cross check to the face :laugh:

Sure maybe he doesn’t hit his face if it wasn’t for Zadorov cross checking him from behind first. Suspend both Zadorov and Soucy for half a game each then.
He doesn't hit his face regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad