Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
Correct me if I am wrong but crosschecks to the face (almost) always lead to suspensions, sticks to the nuts only get suspended rarely.

But I think most importantly, when the NHL lets cheapshots against superstars go unpunished, it forces teams to take matters into their own hands the next game.... Isn't this how we ended up with the Bertuzi incident? The Canucks players likely don't care about Hoglander's nuts, but the Oilers goons care a lot about when things like this happen to McD....

IMO, the NHL is forced to intervene in this situation. Otherwise, if one team goes up 6-1 in game 4, we would probably have huge issues.

And as an Oilers fan, I think that Ryan should had been suspended for that dick move. But would anyone really care?
These are all valid points. Sincerely. My main quibble is targeting Soucy and not Zadorov if there’s going to be a suspension. Then again, I’d rather have Zadorov playing.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-05-13-15-11-06~2.png

Likely a lengthy suspension for Soucy.

• Haha
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Show me numbers to back that up.
I don't think the league is fixing games to advance McDavid

But, Edmonton had the most US nationally televised games of all teams (18), the Avs were second (17) the rest of Canada had 13 - Leafs (11) + Canucks (2)

rea

Feb 8, 2011
If the issue here as Jeff Marek said is this all happening post game, then why are only the 2 Canuck players facing a penalty?

McDavid started the whole thing by reacting to a shove with a 2 hander. If Soucy is losing atleast a game & Zadorov is fined, McD should be fined too
Fines are negligible. The max they can give is 5k, and honestly what's 5k to these guys lol

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It was so conventional that you saw Soucy give him back an almost identical slash back before he cross checked him.
I'm still laughing at the utter hyperbole of calling it a "two handed baseball swing", it was barely a bunt. My God, some of these people. It's as stupid as saying that Soucy meant to crosscheck him in the throat.

Reactions: McFlyingV

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Timing obviously made the play worse with McDavid falling from Zad’s crosscheck. Still, the result matters more than intention so I can see if they want to give him something, but I feel like they’ve let worse stuff go. If it’s more than a game though, it’ll be pretty lame.

Reactions: Szechwan

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Lol this thread going as long as it has is making me run out of popcorn🍿

Duodenum

Jul 7, 2008
East Vancouver
Should be just a fine. It was going to be a push to the chest but the Zadorov+Soucy combo attack made it worse
Mcdavid isn't injured.
I don't think Soucy has a history? Could be wrong.
They didn't penalize the Spear on Hoglander or Bennett much worse punch on Marchand.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Why stop there? Ban him for life! :sarcasm:

this comes down to whether you are suspending intent or result. Based on the league's history, they tend to focus on the result which is bad news for soucy.

if not for the cross check from zadorov, each of those 3 plays that occurred are not suspendable (mcdavid slash and the cross checks from Z and soucy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad