Carrier recalled - now what?

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
https://www.nhl.com/predators/news/preds-recall-carrier-from-milwaukee/c-285590166

Nashville, TN - Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced Thursday that the club has recalled defenseman Alexandre Carrier from Milwaukee (AHL). Carrier has not appeared in an NHL game and this is his first career recall.

Soooooo.... Bitteto hurt again? Somebody else? Finally tired for YWeber?

They are going on a road trip to Western Canada, though starting in Colorado. They leave tomorrow and we only have 6 healthy D since Granberg was sent down. I am almost positive this is more about having an extra body for the road trip.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Calling up a good rookie prospect to sit the bench?

Maybe to sit Weber for a game or two, still need 7D and I think they are done with Granberg. Sending him down rather than keeping him as a 7th kinda of spoke to that.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Carrier is the best d-man down there so logically they call-up him. Maybe get a game or two under his belt which shouldn't hurt. Kid gets to see the NHL.

Tbh, Poile isn't setting these kids' first NHL games easy. Kamenev, and now Carrier.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Calling up a good rookie prospect to sit the bench?

Maybe, but also allow a rookie to see an NHL roadtrip. How it works, the daily schedule, how to conduct yourself, etc. The kids have to grow off-ice too. Also a bit of a reward with an NHL salary for a few days for good play.

And we need to take an extra D man just in case.

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
Or being played a couple of games to see how he does in the big leagues. Some names out there available for trade....

Or I'm just stirring the pot for no reason, and they are rewarding the kid

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Crossing fingers for a third Unexpectedly Good Emergency Callup, because seriously what the hell is with the blueline injuries this year I don't even AARGH :banghead:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Crossing fingers for a third Unexpectedly Good Emergency Callup, because seriously what the hell is with the blueline injuries this year I don't even AARGH :banghead:
That's just it though. Granberg, Pardy, those are call-ups. Carrier is a legit prospect and should only be called up to actually play.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Carrier will play on this road trip. Excited to see him. Guy has a high ceiling, but this will make our blue line relatively small while we go out and face some bigger Western Conf. foes.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Could we see a Josi, Subban, Ellis, Ekholm, Carrier, Fabbro defense corps at some point in the near future? All are on long term contracts and Josi, Ellis and Ekholm's deals are great values.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
That's just it though. Granberg, Pardy, those are call-ups. Carrier is a legit prospect and should only be called up to actually play.

The difference is I think the team has had enough of Granberg and Pardy wasn't good at all in few games here. The call up is also a reward for carrier for his great play. He isn't going to be hurt by missing a few AHL games if he doesn't play. However, seeing the NHL level and how it works shows him what he needs to do moving forward.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Could we see a Josi, Subban, Ellis, Ekholm, Carrier, Fabbro defense corps at some point in the near future? All are on long term contracts and Josi, Ellis and Ekholm's deals are great values.

Yep..I think so. I think next year we'll start with Irwin and see how he does in year 2 and if Carrier has a good off-season he could maybe supplant Irwin for the #6. Obviously, we are a couple years away from Fabbro.

Another few to watch for their development are Samuel Girard, Frederic Allard and Hardy Haman Aktell once they make it to Milwaukee.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
We actually have a decent prospect pool defense-wise. Fabbro being the best, Carrier, Dougherty, Allard and Girard possess NHL talent.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN

Possibly but the more I watch Bitetto the more I think he has a home here for a while. He played a solid game last night with extended minutes. Brings the physical edge we need on the blue line. Seems like a very good team guy too from listening to him on the radio.

And from what I could tell of Carrier from the little I saw of him in warmups, the kid has a great release on his shot. Something you can't teach, I think you either have it or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad