Prospect Info: Carolina's OHL Prospect's Report

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Great read as usual, Brock. Fantastic work.

I'm curious to know more about what you think on Tolchinsky and McKeown in particular. We've been blown away by the former whenever he has participated in any team activities. Does he have the kind of game in your opinion that will make him successful as a professional? How does he compare to a guy like Alexander Khoklachev during his time in Windsor?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Great read as usual, Brock. Fantastic work.

I'm curious to know more about what you think on Tolchinsky and McKeown in particular. We've been blown away by the former whenever he has participated in any team activities. Does he have the kind of game in your opinion that will make him successful as a professional? How does he compare to a guy like Alexander Khoklachev during his time in Windsor?

Tolchinsky is the much more explosive skater (when compared to Khoklachev). Similar stick handling ability, but Tolchinsky does everything at a quicker pace.

In today's NHL, I don't think there's any reason to think that Tolchinsky can't find success. Continuing to add strength and round out his game away from the puck are key. This is especially true because Tolchinsky is at his best in the middle of the ice (IMO), and in the NHL (or even the AHL), time and space in that area won't come as easy. I expect him to struggle a bit to start the AHL season, but by the second half, I think he'll be putting up points. Should be lethal on the power play right from the get go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->