• Thread starter A Good Flying Bird*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
Gnashville said:
So you were living in Nashville in 95 when Bettman said that unless we really screwed things up that Nashville would be the 1st city considered for expansion. BTW I remember that Nashville got the most votes by the board of governors so we were the first team awarded, then Minny, then Atlanta, then Columbus. Hate us if you want but Columbus beat Houston not Nashville, we would have gotten a team regardless of Houston's proposal.

BTW please create a relocation/Contraction sub-fourm for these poeple

in 1997 they had a summit where ownership groups submitted their bids. They didn't promise anything if bettman said that he'll do everything he can (which isn't much by the way).

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Gnashville said:
So you were living in Nashville in 95 when Bettman said that unless we really screwed things up that Nashville would be the 1st city considered for expansion. BTW I remember that Nashville got the most votes by the board of governors so we were the first team awarded, then Minny, then Atlanta, then Columbus. Hate us if you want but Columbus beat Houston not Nashville, we would have gotten a team regardless of Houston's proposal.

BTW please create a relocation/Contraction sub-fourm for these poeple
I remember in 94 it was Denver then Nashville for the next team. Denver because Nuggets owner Comsat was close to Bettman. When Nash functioned as the suitor for the Devils (SOP for getting a new arena) that pretty much confirmed they were next up. "Quid pro quo Clarice."

jacketracket*

Congrats to Carolina and Nashville fans.

Just like CBJ fans, they've taken a beating here from the hockey "traditionalists" but stuck to their guns. Good to see both groups enjoying great starts from their teams.

They've earned it, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad