Carolina Panthers

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I have a tendency to put my foot in my mouth from time to time. At first, I honestly couldn't tell whether "funny" was meant to be as demeaning as it was, or if it was just a horribly mangled compliment of her understanding of the game. His tone certainly didn't help, but where he really lost me was in the way he's handling the fallout (or, more accurately, not handling it). If you screw up a compliment that badly, you usually figure out pretty quickly that it hit the ear wrong, try to explain yourself, and apologize for how it came across. The fact that he didn't tells me that's probably not what happened.

He just needs to own his mistake, apologize to her personally as well as publicly, and make a concerted effort to not let this kind of thing happen again. It's really not that difficult as long as you can put your pride aside for a minute to admit when you were wrong. But by failing to do that when she approached him, and then continuing to be silent while the story blows up, it certainly looks worse and worse as time goes on.

On a related note, Dannon just dropped him from the Oikos commercials. Can't imagine Gatorade is far behind if he doesn't man up.

Last edited:

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
it's not a big deal if a player doesn't know the name of a beat reporter covering the team for a year, so long as he treats them with the respect they deserve as a human being and as a professional. in the absence of that, it's all evidence of deeper, unresolved issues on the player's part that warrant being called out.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm pretty sure some prominent NBA or NFL player made a similar comment about 10 years ago. I remember ESPN showed it on Sportscenter the next day, but after that it was like it never happened.

Not trying to excuse what Cam said. Simply saying that making statements like that don't go as unnoticed now like they used to thanks to Twitter and other outlets.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Cam did probably the dumbest thing of his career today, and it will continue getting worse until he says something to the effect of 'i was wrong' 'i'm sorry' 'i was stupid' etc. hopefully he'll do something along those lines first thing in the morning tomorrow.

f*** that, do I like I do, double down and go full Pejorative Slur

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
4-1. Can't complain.

Anybody else here a transplant who just totally rejected their hometown teams once you realized you were never going back and went completely native?

*caveat* I'm still a Yankees fan, but that is easy, considering there is no team down here. If we ever did get one (and quite frankly, why the hell do we not?) I'd hope it was a National League team.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Panthers fan from Buffalo here. Its not a surprise that the Panthers lost as the second Cam doesn't have a big game we tend to lose because our running game has been absolutely terrible without Ryan Kalil playing. It also sucks to see Luke go down while wearing a Kuechly jersey so early and again by concussion which actually brings up the thought of retirement for him. Cam should ALWAYS be getting the ball for a sneak or something where he has the ability to run on a 4th and 1 when the game is on the line. Cam gets 78 yards or so while our RBs net gain was like -4 or something and people are actually gonna bash him a lot as if he had a horrible game due to the 3 interceptions when 2 were hardly even his fault especially Stewart's gift.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
f*** that asshole. I bet he's one of those guys who became a "life-long" fan in 2015.

Douchebags like him are a reason why attending NFL games isn't a lot of fun anymore. Too many drunken idiots who won't sit down and get into arguments with other fans about standing the whole game seem to flock to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad